German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been crusin the forum for the last week or so, and doing alot of reading. I didnt want my first post to be for something like this but.....i need help. I have a 6 mo old female pure blood gsd. I went over to my neighbors to hang out after work and i put her in the back yard with my neighbors boxer. They play all the time and never had any issues. When we stepped inside to grab something to eat, they got into the trash. Well we cleaned everything up and came back home, she seemed fine. She was running circles around me and having a good ole time. I got home and started playing my game and she layed down for a nap. I looked over and she was standing, but shaking just slightly. I started to inspect her legs to see if she got playing to rough and she made no wimper but when i brought either hind leg all the way up she shook worse but made no wimpers or anything. She usually stands with a gate (I believe thats the word, the way a Shepherd usually stands like they are ready to run) but that was when i noticed both back legs were even and paws were angled out slightly. She layed down next to me and i noticed she was drooling alot more than normal. She has thrown up twice, once since i started typing this. And before the second time she was shaking pretty bad, thats what prompted me to ask for help. I dont have alot of extra money to throw to a vet for a late night emergency call if its not needed. So I ask..What do i do? Engel is my baby and I am worried sick. Im debating if i take her now, or wait till my vet on base is open in the morning to take her. My vet on base deals with the Military working dogs, but can only see her during working hours, Id much rather wait to take her there. But if God Forbid ........I cant lose her right now.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The drooling and throwing up, along with the shaking, would have me running to a vet tonight. I would hate spending the money, too, but that would scare the heck out of me.

My best wishes that it's not serious.

·
Super Moderator
32,396 Posts
If it were me, I'd take her to the vet. Do you have any idea what was in the trash?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have any idea what was in the trash? It sounds as though she ate something toxic. have you checked with your friend to see if his boxer is sick? I would take her tonight, just to be on the safe side. Good luck..

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hopefully you're already on the way to the vet! I would also give your friends a call and let them know to keep an eye on their boxer.

·
Registered
31,947 Posts
Let us know how it went at the vet. Hope all is ok. This is an emergency.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Hopefully you have already left for the vet. I hope your pup is okay and it is nothing serious. Please update us when you can!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
vet NOW! update when possible please and i hope everything is okay!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I hope she will be okay. I am praying it is nothing serious.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
I hope you are at the vet. If she ate something toxic they will need to flush her system with activated charcoal and also give her fluids. The longer you wait, the more danger she is in. If she ate something toxic it's only a matter of time before it affects her kidneys and liver. Please go to the vet if you haven't already.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Oh my I hope your pup is ok. Will be watching for updates.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
How about an update ... how's your dog this morning?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We went to the vet last night, after the first 3 comments all said "vet." She got sick for the 4th time in my pickup. The vet took her to the back, and didnt allow me to come back. I guess it was something about a grown military guy in uniform balling his eyes out. The vet assistant on shift had no idea what to do, and had to call the main guy. So by the time he showed up I had almost lost my mind. The vet took her back and came out two hours later. He said they had flushed her stomach, and gave her the dog equivelent of an IV and had given her some antibiotics. At this point he said she was doing alot better but he wanted to observe her for a little while longer. When I got to see her, she looked alot better and about an hour later we got released. I made her a check up apointment with my vet for tommorow just to insure everything is alright. Me and her slept the last 2 hours on the couch and when I awoke to go to work this morning, She was running around helping me find my boots and giving me kisses as she crawed in bed with her mommy, (my fiance). Thank you everyone for the quick responses and the prayers. It means the world to me.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts