German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking over Craiglist locally and saw someone posting wanting a GSD "will even take on a vicious dog" and "must be an outside dog." They can't pay for the dog, just want it to keep someone form breaking into their car. They have "no money for gas" so you have to bring the dog to them, how are they going to feed/vet the dog??? Then they say they would rather take one "on loan" but would take any dog offered.

HOW can people be so ignorant?? I just know someone will have a big ol GSD chained in their yard they will give to this person... passing on the neglect. I feel so sorry for these animals (the ones I see in the rescue pages) to the point I am determined to become involved in rescue at some point in the future.

I would love to email this person with some kind of advice or pleading NOT to get a dog for this purpose but I don't have the words. I was hoping someone here might have kinder words that might help this person understand, and prevent a tragedy for a poor dog.

GSD Wanted

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
why cant he just put an alarm on the car.
'nuff said.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
A video camera to catch the thief might work better. If he can't afford to fuel the car how can he afford to fuel the dog?

That is unbelievable.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally Posted By: Kaitykaitywhy cant he just put an alarm on the car.
'nuff said.
'cuz she spent all her money putting gas in the car.

My concern is not that this person wrote this ad and might actually be serious about it, but that someone, somewhere, is reading it and considering "helping out" this clown by "donating" their dog to this woman.

Ugh people.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have a pretty good feeling that they want a dog for something else!!
hopefully the ad is removed!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL! I took my kids to visit our cousin last year, and she had one of those Rex machines in her (dark) basement. My boys went down there to play, and that sensor went off and scared the pants off them! They came running back upstairs like they were being chased by a pack of wolves! Those things are very realistic!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Originally Posted By: Sagelfnthat one hurt my brain too

a couple days ago I came across this ad http://springfieldil.craigslist.org/pet/1508797018.html
stupid people are the majority sadly

excuse me for being ignorant or something but..
RACIST DOGS.
really. REALLY? last time I checked dogs were colorblind? or so I thought..
she wants a gaurd dog, but not an aggresaive dog.
comes with the package, even if its just a little bit. christ

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
well, at least the ad sagefin saw was quite detailed?

and she was very upfront that if you give her a dog that violates any of those things, she's going to dump it straight in the pound..

sometimes people just floor me..

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
For the gas stealer....wonder if the poster on CL ever heard of a locking gas cap.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Originally Posted By: Kaitykaity

excuse me for being ignorant or something but..
RACIST DOGS.
really. REALLY? last time I checked dogs were colorblind? or so I .
actually, dogs can easily learn to dislike certain groups/races of people. racist might not be technically the right word, but they DO pick up the prejudices of their owners

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Well, if in the original ad, if they can't afford gas I don't think they have to worry about someone stealing their car.

If no gas in the car, the car no go. Not many criminals are smart enough to bring their own gas.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Originally Posted By: Dainerra

actually, dogs can easily learn to dislike certain groups/races of people. racist might not be technically the right word, but they DO pick up the prejudices of their owners
It can also be a simple matter of a lack of socialization. If you've ever seen a dog who is afraid of someone wearing a hat you know what I mean.
That is why trainers recommend socializing your dogs with all kinds of people when they are puppies.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
that is possible, but living here, I've met many people who have TRAINED their dogs to attack Hispanics and/or African Americans. Saw some of the same thing in FL.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts