German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,136 Posts
Why is the Moderator Feedback thread not being replied to, Gerrit? We've asked numerous questions and posted lots of questions, but the last response by you was 8 days ago.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
If you hover over another user's profile (or yours) you can see a preview of information, including discussions they's initiated, or replies they've responded to.

View attachment 556155
You can also click on their profile to see this same information spread out just a tad.

As for the ad issues you're encountering, The more information you can provide us when you encounter them, the better we can help you resolve them.
  • Browser and device and if they are up to date
  • Any add ons or other things which may effect/block scripts
  • A screenshot of the incident
  • The URL (as much of it as you can capture) that you were being directed to
  • If you feel comfortable/capable, a HAR capture of the incident.
We need as much information as you can pass along to ensure we can nip the problem in the bud when we pass it up to the tech guys.

Thanks for the feedback and let me know fi you have any further questions :)

-Gerrit
I'm using an Android phone, a galaxy J3 to be exact, and a chrome browser.

The "Discussions" button in my profile and advanced search bring up posts, not discussions. On the advanced search I only entered my username and sort by date...here a list of posts might make sense...

But the code for the "Discussions" button is incorrect! Did you test it before suggesting it would work?

·
Administrator
408 Posts
That works thanks!

Is it possible to list threads/discussions initiated by another user?
Right now (they are still working on this, it will show you their posts, but it is not yet divided out by threads only.

Those pesky redirected popus are back...

View attachment 556145
Uggggh! I know this is something they are actively working on. I will look into this more.

Remove the 'share' button. Don't see the purpose and only trouble coming from it.
Public posts have always been able to be shared. It is just a button that y'all can choose to ignore.

Why is the Moderator Feedback thread not being replied to, Gerrit? We've asked numerous questions and posted lots of questions, but the last response by you was 8 days ago.
I will check on this for you now.

I'm using an Android phone, a galaxy J3 to be exact, and a chrome browser.

The "Discussions" button in my profile and advanced search bring up posts, not discussions. On the advanced search I only entered my username and sort by date...here a list of posts might make sense...

But the code for the "Discussions" button is incorrect! Did you test it before suggesting it would work?
It does not yet display posts vs threads. They are still working on this. Advanced search (by user) may be a backup for this for now.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I'm sure this is obvious but I can't find messages. Can anyone help? Thanks!

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've noticed on several newly updated forums the ads are bad and only on newly updated forums. There is a traveling ad on the bottom of the screen on my mobile. Additionally the moving header is a pain, it takes up unnecessary screen space particularly on mobile particularly combined with the additional ads.

·
Administrator
408 Posts
I'm sure this is obvious but I can't find messages. Can anyone help? Thanks!
How To Find Conversations (Private Messages)

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “conversations”.

I've noticed on several newly updated forums the ads are bad and only on newly updated forums. There is a traveling ad on the bottom of the screen on my mobile. Additionally the moving header is a pain, it takes up unnecessary screen space particularly on mobile particularly combined with the additional ads.
Can you capture a screenshot of this for me?

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Is anyone else getting frustrated/tired of so many old threads coming back to life? Makes me a little crazy.

·
Super Moderator
32,136 Posts
Is anyone else getting frustrated/tired of so many old threads coming back to life? Makes me a little crazy.
Yes. Any old threads that are no longer relevant, (such as the OP hasn't been active in years and there have been other more recent, similar topics), I've been closing. If you see some that you think should be closed, you can do a notification to bring it to a moderator's attention.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts