German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to start this as a single place to address issues with the recent forum changes. Please don't make this a discussion. Just drop your questions/issues here for the admins to find in an organized way so they might be able to answer our concerns with the dramatic changes recently.

I'll start with a couple:

There were once paid membership upgrades. Are those still an option?
If there is not paid membership option going forward are there still limitations on the number of album pictures, private messages, avatar size etc like in the past?

Everyone else...Go!

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I'd like to know if there is a way to list threads for myself and/or other users.

·
Super Moderator
6,509 Posts
update: reopening and will sticky this thread so that it might be used as a How-To for other members to share instructions and tips with each other on how to use / navigate the site. Please direct all feedback or membership questions intended for Admin, here: https://www.germanshepherds.com/threads/we-are-live-community-feedback.759329/ which is now also a sticky and was created by Admin for that sole purpose.

thanks!

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
How do you edit or delete posted comments?
I can answer this one! Click on the ellipsis just to the right of the timestamp for your post, that gives you an edit option. And I checked, you can go back and edit a post as much as 20 hrs after posting!

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
How do you edit or delete posted comments?
I can answer this one! Click on the ellipsis just to the right of the timestamp for your post, that gives you an edit option. And I checked, you can go back and edit a post as much as 20 hrs after posting!
Okay! I found it. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I'd like to know the intended behavior of the "New" and "popular" buttons.

And if it is possible to open a thread that you've visited previously on the starting post. I am always taken to the latest post (after clicking the button to be taken to the latest post once in 1 thread).

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Clicking on the OP's timestamp has taken me to the start of a thread.
On my phone at least, there is no timestamp for the OP. Just their name and the forum name?? Clicking on the title, or the timestamp of the latest post always goes to the same place, the latest post.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Is there anyway I can get my classic view back? The last upgrade I just had to go into my preferences and choose it. Now the only preference options are light or dark.

·
Super Moderator
6,509 Posts
And if it is possible to open a thread that you've visited previously on the starting post. I am always taken to the latest post (after clicking the button to be taken to the latest post once in 1 thread).
It’s still a bit of an extra step, but what I’ve found so far is that when it takes you to your last unread post... as I start to scroll up, a small grey arrow appears on the bottom right side of my phone screen, I click that and it takes you back to the top of that page.

Is there anyway I can get my classic view back? The last upgrade I just had to go into my preferences and choose it. Now the only preference options are light or dark.
No, there is not a way to switch back to classic view.

·
Administrator
408 Posts
I'm going to start this as a single place to address issues with the recent forum changes. Please don't make this a discussion. Just drop your questions/issues here for the admins to find in an organized way so they might be able to answer our concerns with the dramatic changes recently.

I'll start with a couple:

There were once paid membership upgrades. Are those still an option?
If there is not paid membership option going forward are there still limitations on the number of album pictures, private messages, avatar size etc like in the past?

Everyone else...Go!
Heya, so that we can respond more effectively we're asking that everyone post in the thread for feedback that we've set up. You can find that here.
Membership upgrades are being worked out and we hope to resolve them shortly for you, hopefully within the first little bit of the new year. Current premium members have their benefits and memberships carried through and grandfathered in to whatever is established. Album pictures and Private messages are unlimited for all users, and we will be updating you on the new website

I'd like to know if there is a way to list threads for myself and/or other users.
You can either use the advanced search to find results per user or hover over any icon to see a profile preview.

Clicking Discussions will show you Discussions you've started and Replies are replies you have made within a post, this works the same for everyone.

Minor correction here, this option is available for 24 hours, otherwise thanks for the assist here.

I'd like to know the intended behavior of the "New" and "popular" buttons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts. Depending on your filter options you may see further information, and I can walk you through those filtering options as well if you like.
You can also mark all as read.

On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics.

The only current options are light and dark mode.

Thanks for all of the questions.
-Gerrit

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Clicking Discussions will show you Discussions you've started and Replies are replies you have made within a post, this works the same for everyone.
Actually, none of the options you mentioned show my threads - now discussions! Clicking on Discussions in my profile yields a listing of my posts, i.e. every discussion that I've commented on. Advanced search gives the exact same results.

Is there another way, or is that a bug?

Looking at the discussions a user has initiated is essential and useful for background. I have posted 3000+ times, but have only initiated <20 discussions(threads), for example. Wading through 3000+ posts to find a discussion of interest would take longer than it is worth...

·
Administrator
408 Posts
Have you tried the following feature yet to see if it provides what you are looking for?

From the drop-down menu below your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site, click on "Following".

On that page, select the "My Discussions" tab.

- Cricket

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Is it a bug that there is no timestamp for the original post on mobile phones, given that this is the ONLY way to navigate to the beginning of a discussion??

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Have you tried the following feature yet to see if it provides what you are looking for?

From the drop-down menu below your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site, click on "Following".
View attachment 556102
On that page, select the "My Discussions" tab.
View attachment 556103
- Cricket
That works thanks!

Is it possible to list threads/discussions initiated by another user?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Oh Nooooooo😱
Not the popups with the Gift Cards o_O

I haven't seen it yet...I confess that I am now using an ad blocker due to the huge amount of ads that are on websites everywhere these days...it's not so much seeing ads that I mind, it's the way that loading the ads/sliders/animations just slows down the load time of a webpage so much. It's really irritating to sit there waiting for some fancy animated banner to load just so you can view the actual content of a webpage...

·
Administrator
408 Posts
That works thanks!

Is it possible to list threads/discussions initiated by another user?
If you hover over another user's profile (or yours) you can see a preview of information, including discussions they's initiated, or replies they've responded to.

You can also click on their profile to see this same information spread out just a tad.

As for the ad issues you're encountering, The more information you can provide us when you encounter them, the better we can help you resolve them.
  • Browser and device and if they are up to date
  • Any add ons or other things which may effect/block scripts
  • A screenshot of the incident
  • The URL (as much of it as you can capture) that you were being directed to
  • If you feel comfortable/capable, a HAR capture of the incident.
We need as much information as you can pass along to ensure we can nip the problem in the bud when we pass it up to the tech guys.

Thanks for the feedback and let me know fi you have any further questions :)

-Gerrit

1 - 20 of 32 Posts