German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering using either Sequoyah Shepherds or Ohertannen, has anyone had any experience with these breeders?

After I purchase a pup, how often should I expect to receive updates from the breeder?

Thanks for any responses!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
depends on the breeder.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
my breeder was in contact with us a lot, before the pup was born
and afterwards.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
You shouldn't expect a designated amount of breeder initiated contact.....some do, many dont.....has no bearing on the quality of YOUR pup.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I've been extremely lucky and have always had a close relationship with all but one of the breeders of the Hooligans. Some I've remained friends with for over 40 years, a couple I lost contact with when they moved. GOOD LUCK & I hope you're as lucky as I've been!!!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I've personally been around and chatted with an owner of 2 Oher Tannen dogs, he was very happy with both his dogs and Oher Tannen. The dogs were very nice, he was not showing or competing but enjoyed them as active and social companions.

A member here, NEKO is her user name, has a dog from Ohertannen send her a PM.

btw- Sequoyah (I'm fairly certain) breeds only workinglines, Ohertannen is West German Showlines. So it maybe helpful to narrow down what line will stack the odds in favor of the best fit for you and your family.

Good luck with you puppy search, very exciting! :)

I'm considering using either Sequoyah Shepherds or Ohertannen, has anyone had any experience with these breeders?

After I purchase a pup, how often should I expect to receive updates from the breeder?

Thanks for any responses!

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
It depends. Personally I have maintained contact with all my breeders, save 1, who died. But other than that.

Most if the contact, once purchase was made was initiated by me. But with my last pup, the breeder posted weekly photo updates on her web page andfacebook page.

It is also dependent in how much contact you want from the breeder. Some may bred a great puppy for you, but not be great at communicating on a regular basis. It does not translate into a bad puppy. But you need to know what you want from a breeder and go with someone that communicates in the way that makes you feel the most comfortable.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a Sequoyah Puppy. Sherle is great to deal with. You will also get to know Shari. They will always stand behind any puppy they sell. All the owners from my puppies litter that I got stay in touch on Facebook.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Our breeder is still in contact with us often. In fact, she went back home (England) for a couple of weeks and let us know because she wouldn't be reachable for that time. She also forwards recall notices to everyone just in case. She also emailed everyone to remind when it was time for another round of puppy shots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts