1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kathleen decided to name her Angel.

Angel pre-bath:

Angel looking better already after a bath:

I don't know how old this girl is, but she's go no business as a puppy mill breeder. :angryfire:

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Wow... look at that dog. It's crazy someone would allow a dog to continue to look like that and not do anything about it. She definitely needed that bath.

How old is she and is she missing part of her left ear or is that just the picture?

·
Registered
534 Posts
My heart breaks for her. Such a difference between her and your boys mom. So she has been adopted or is she in a foster home? Angel is a perfect name for that sweet gentle soul.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We're not sure how old she is, but she sure isn't young. Yes, she's missing the tip of the left ear. All I know is that she came in to Good Shepherd Rescue North TX as part of a group of 5 GSDs that were seized in a puppy mill place. There were also some Golden Retrievers and I believe maybe Collies (?) that went to other rescues. The other 4 GSDs don't look nearly as bad. I don't know anything about the other dogs that went to other breed rescues.

She's in foster care at Kathleen's house at GSR but they're always in need of foster homes.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
She just looks so mentally beat up in that last picture after her bath. That girl definitely deserves to live as comfortable as possible for the rest of her life.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Omg I feel so bad for her :( How could you say no to a face like that. She looks so soulful and wise, poor old girl <3

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Poor baby. So glad she's out of that situation, but it makes me sad that man would ever do something like that to another living being.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I could only view the pic after the bath for some reason, but WOW. Poor old girl looks so sad. Thankfully she will only know comfort from now on...doesn't look like she's had much of that. People make me so angry, I wish I could say unbelievable, but unfortunately it's not!

Angel is a perfect name

·
Registered
386 Posts
We're not sure how old she is, but she sure isn't young. Yes, she's missing the tip of the left ear. All I know is that she came in to Good Shepherd Rescue North TX as part of a group of 5 GSDs that were seized in a puppy mill place. There were also some Golden Retrievers and I believe maybe Collies (?) that went to other rescues. The other 4 GSDs don't look nearly as bad. I don't know anything about the other dogs that went to other breed rescues.

She's in foster care at Kathleen's house at GSR but they're always in need of foster homes.
Seized from the puppy mill that we have read so much about from N. Texas? So happy she will be spoiled!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
What a beautiful face. She looks so old :cry: Is part of her ear missing, on the tip of the right one as your looking at the picture. I just want to hug her. :(
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she isn't as old as she looks - these poor gals who spend their lives doing nothing but pumping out puppies age fast - especially when they aren't receiving good care. It's wonderful to know that Angel has been given a second chance at happiness - she looks so sweet. Thanks to all who were involved in her rescue!

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
This poor girl has a look of defeat in her expression...this is so heartbreaking to see.

She has probably never been talked kindly too while being petted. *tears*

My fingers are crossed this girl finds a loving forever home.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
What an angel! So glad she is keeping her so she won't have to go through a move after settling in there. Please keep us posted on her progress. I would love to see her after she's been there a while, hoping the spunk returns once she is healthly and loved.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Bless her little heart. I hope she has the best life ever now and learns what it is like to be loved.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Can't understand how people could do that to an innocent creature. :(

Glad she is headed towards a better future. Thank you for being a part of that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts