German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are all set to fly to NJ next thursday and drive him home. Thank you all for your advice I now have a HUGE Chewy order on the way (looks like we are moving at the end of May too so the boxes will come in handy lol) We opted to get a small crate so that a) he's safe b) we adhere to the laws of all the states we drive through c) I think at night in a hotel, its gonna be the best option! I have pee pads and towels and wipes - basically I'm checking a bag up to NJ that will be 95% puppy supplies and a change of clothes for my husband and me. We are also definitely going to be documenting the entire trip so stay tuned for pictures!!!

·
Super Moderator
32,585 Posts
Sounds like a good plan!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Is she flying in on United? If so it is tricky to find the place to park to pick up dogs. PM me if it is a first time thing for you and would like step by step info I would have found SUPER helpful when I was going lol

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@CometDog - thanks for the the offer but we are flying to Newark and renting a car and driving the pup back to Florida. I know they fly animals all the time but there has been enough bad press that I just don't trust them. I'm a super protective mamma bear so we are road tripping! and speaking of super protective, I just rolled up my blue tarp for pee breaks on the way back to Florida :) If TSA goes through my checked bag they are going to be like HUH????

Reactions: bnormal
1 - 6 of 6 Posts