German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will post some pics as soon as I can remember to buy batteries, some of you may or may not know Lilah was a failed attempt as my first foster, had her here for 4 days then off to WI. for 2 weeks then back to me, her forever home, needless to say I wont be doing any fosters anytime soon, LOL, there was just something about her that struck me, she is very sweet disposition and very intelligent and absolutely no manners what so ever, 9 month, large puppy, jumping, mouthing, and a typical GSD shredder, I was worried about the female Heidi and Lilah getting along, Max gets along with any dog, it was a tuff first 9 days, Heidi made it clear she was the Alpha Female on numerous occasions, then on tues I was watching the 2 interact and Lilah starting the high pitch barking and that was Heidi`s cue, instead of fighting they started playing, and it was good to see Heidi play, she missed out on that growing up because of her fearfulness of everything, now they cant stop playing, if left unattended they would destroy the house, been too muddy here for outside play

Lilah is very smart and with no manners I had to establish myself as the Alpha of the house right quick, we have been going to class 2 nights a week and an hour of walking and training every day, on leash you would think shes had training for years, she embarrasse`s some people in class on how well she does for the short time shes been there, but I have acquired the skills to train her because of my other 2, but she is a PISTOL for sure, always testing me, shes going to be a real challenge, last night in class she challenged me when I gave her a command, a bark and a snap at me, she was corrected immediately, I just take that as a challenge in a different environment. summers coming and she get a lot of outdoor socialization, she`s still doing a little bit of mouthing, not much jumping except when I let her out of the crate in the morning, all in all I`d say a vast improvement from when she first came to me, I have plans of her becoming a therapy dog, but thats a few months down the road, I`d like to say thanks to everyone involved in transporting Lilah (back and forth)
and my baby sister Doreen, will post more on her and some pics as time goes by

ken

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
Ken
I am so glad she is with you!

Doreen

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
She sounds wonderful and you will have lots of fun. Thanks for giving her a great forever home.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Nice update. Yes, that's the little girl we know and love! She is one of a kind. Can't wait to see her when her tail has grown back out nice and bushy as it should be. Sounds like she's gotten settled in nicely. Meanwhile, my Newf and White GSD males are finally recovering from Lilah's 2 week boot camp of rumbling! I'm not sure they miss her, but I sure do! Happy training!

Debbie

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, Lilah has met her match with Heidi, after about 10 minutes of rough housing Lilah is wanting to rest, Heidi is smaller than Lilah same weight but Heidi is all muscle and loves to run, I`m going wait a couple more weeks before I take her to the groomers, so Lilah has a few more weeks training under her belt

·
Registered
27,240 Posts
Nice to hear she is settling in and Heidi is finally able to play! Lilah is a very special girl and we fell instantly in love with her. We were so happy to see her again for the trip back to you Ken!
Here is a pic of the energized bundle of fuzz:

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Isnt she a doll! She sounds like a bundle of energy and smartness that will keep you on your toes. LOL. Glad its all working out! I wish my sister would buy me a coat. LOL!!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, on your toes???? thats an understatement, in class the other night, she was in a down stay, so she got board and rolled over on her back and started chewing my shoes, I`m going to take her for the first T.D.Inc test on 4/18

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I`ll be posting an update with pictures on Miss Lilah in the next few days

·
Registered
27,240 Posts
Looking forward to it!!

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
Here is the little fur ball, open house for TD Inc
She just groomed.Everyone just loved her!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
shes a doll, took her to an open house for a local therapy group sat, I`m a tester for T.D.Inc. but Lilah is a bit too young, she needs to be a year old, she did exceptionally well for an "ants in the pants" puppy, best part was I was sitting in front of the group that was there had my back to them, bout 20 people and dogs, so Lilah decides to jump in the chair next to me and turn around to face the crowd and put her paws over the back of the chair, so now the whole crowd does the AWWWWW, so monday I took her to the local hospital she did exceptionally well there also, loves to be petted, she was somewhat fearful of things when I first got her, now she has settled in and trusts me, the Zambonie came by while we were at the hospital, she seemed a little apprehensive at first, but I reassured her it was ok and she was fine after that, shes has some growing to do yet, she is up to 72lbs and is starting to fit into her paws, my trainer always told us, "you never notice them grow", he made the comment the other night that shes getting a little longer, had her Groomed, wow, what a difference anyone that has seen her in person, that super thick coat is gone, hair is a little more wiry and very soft and she shines, will post more later this summer, May 29th will be her first outdoor concert, dont be surprised if you see pics of her sitting in her own "pink" lawn chair

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
What's not to love? She is a complete doll baby, with or without the pink lawn chair! (My Conor is drooling......)

Anja GSD
Conor GSD - adopted from this Board
Blue GSD - at the Bridge

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
what concert is she going to see on may 29th???

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
May 29th, downtown Plymouth, every Friday at 7pm till about the end of august, its nice, bring the lawn chairs, there`s plenty to eat, the GF and I have been going for a couple years now, you cant miss us, she has 2 Afghan`s and I always take Max and now Lilah, in June we move over to downtown Farmington,

·
Registered
27,240 Posts
Lilah is a very lucky girl to have found such a great forever home! Hugs from Tori and I!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts