German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted here a few times recently about our GS, Krok. He has been leaking pee everywhere.......all night, all day.....laying in it so much and is so wet it looks like it's raining pee from his underbelly.

UTI meds did nothing. Based on other symptoms (straining to pee and poo) the vet really thought it was enlarged prostate. Money is a problem for us......and we could not afford thousands of dollars of testing to rule out many of the other lesser likely things it could be. So we went for the most likely scenario. We got him fixed. And crossed our fingers. Figured if that didn't work, we'd cross that bridge when we came to it.

It got better before it got worse after surgery b/c of a shot of dexa-something the vet had to give him for swollen scrotum. We had to move him outside temporarily b/c he was shaking pee everywhere and I had to de-contaminate my pee soaked house. But yesterday.........he was DRY!!!!!!

And this morning.....he was DRY!!!! We let him up on the deck yesterday b/c then we could more easily see drops of pee. Only a few drops in the hours he spent on the deck with us. And he is peeing an actual stream again and pooping real German Shepherd sized poop again.

The plan today is a really thorough sponge bath and then let him back in the house. I have got EVERYTHING crossed, but it looks like the surgery might have actually worked!!!! I'm so excited!!!

Wanted to share our good news.........FX!!!

Dee

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
:happyboogie: I'm so glad to hear that! :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Such good news for you guys! Yeah

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Shanna and Lysa. I am beyond excited!

His incision looks good, too. I was worried having him outside. I did clean it very well a few times a day, but am relieved it looks great. Really want to get him back inside.

He loves outside.....but not if he can't come back in with us, too. He will be so happy to be able to go in and out as he pleases.

And get that stupid cone off. I HATE that thing! I take it off for him to eat and drink....and play while we can watch him. But he knows when it has to go back on......he just looks at me with sad eyes and let's me do it. He's such a good dog. I keep telling him "I'm sorry, buddy, this is NOT my idea. Not much longer, I promise!"

Dee

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
GREAT NEWS! hugs to Krok, hope he continues to improve:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts