German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emery is back to her spunky self! I was told it may have been a reaction to being bit by fir ants! She may be allergic. He told me to watch her for the night. Her allergic reaction wore off. She is able to hold urine, and her paws are no longer swollen. Thank god :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
That's good news! I know you were very worried. I know how much fire ant bites hurt, even without an allergy. Poor Emery!

Were you able to get a hold of your vet last night?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Good news! Fire ants are sooo painful.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'm so glad she's alright. I was following this last night but I didn't have anything to add about what she could have gotten into.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Glad to hear your little GSD girl Emery is OK.When they are ill it is so scary! Glad things are back to normal.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I thought about your girl when this morning when I woke up. Glad she's ok. Poor thing. That had to hurt, allergic reactions are not fun.

Be careful with what you spray in the yard. Make sure she stays away.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
oooooh fire ants -- they are painful beyond belief -- have "arrived" in Ontario and the local wildlife people are saying that they will get into birds nests and kill baby songbirds , which are already in decline.

exterminate the nests !!! so glad your dog is going to be okay !

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Thanks for the update! I'm so glad your pup is OK, must have been a rough night. Our previous dog had a couple allergic reactions to dust and bee stings, but never in the way that it seemed to affect her water intake and output.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
that's great news!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts