German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holidays.. been busy and such. You know how it goes :wild:

Anywho, Arlo is doing MUCH better! His Parvo has passed, and he's him old self again. I assume if we were to have anymore health issues, the'd be Christmas week. His stool is normal, and he's back on his normal food again.

He lost quite a bit of weight though. I've been feeding him a cup extra per day and some steaks here n there to help bulk him back up again. He looks good, but you can tell he's skinny per his size. Before he 93lbs of mass distruction! I think now he's roughly 75ish last we checked him in.

He had a good Christmas, and enjoyed his chew bones and special dinner (Ham, kibble, and flavored water).

·
Registered
31,999 Posts
So glad he's feeling better. I'm curious..did he have his parvo vaccine? And still got parvo?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Yay! So glad to hear the good news. He's a handsome guy.

·
Registered
31,999 Posts
So he had 2 out of the 3 puppy shots? And is he 1 year old yet? Did he have his 1 year shots? Will he ever need to have a parvo shot again since it is a virus and he's had the virus? I read somewhere that there was a variant of the parvo out there that hte shot would not protect from.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So he had 2 out of the 3 puppy shots? And is he 1 year old yet? Did he have his 1 year shots? Will he ever need to have a parvo shot again since it is a virus and he's had the virus? I read somewhere that there was a variant of the parvo out there that hte shot would not protect from.
The vet gave us a list. He goes in two weeks for his last parvovirus shot. Also another. Then in the next month another set.

Not sure on the details. Just finally got an app for the iPad to put all the data into. Just havent had the time yet.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Great news on Arlo, glad to see his happy face!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
glad he is feeling better:)

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Great news! He looks really good and happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts