German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have 14 months old German Shepherd. I had to leave her in my friends nursery due to travel reason. Gardener of the nursery, breeded my GSD and Pitbull. I was about to kill him when I learned it.

What is the best way? Spaying or using hormone pills?

I love my dog but I don't want Shepherd Pit babies.

Thank you

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
If she isn't too far along you can do a spay/abort.
Sorry this happened, it's really not a good idea to leave your dog with someone you wouldn't trust with your bank account. That's why I don't leave mine. Get her spayed and move on. I hope you learned your lesson. Best of luck to you both.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
If she is not very far along, most vets will do a spay/abort. It will be healthier for the mother rather than having puppies so young.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are absolutely right. I can not forgive myself for this incident. I think I will spay her. And never forget about it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
So sorry this happened. I'd be very tempted to take the pit to the vet for a procedure, too!

I can't believe someone thought it was okay to do that to another person's dog.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This gardener is worse than a creature, although he looks like a human. Words are not enough to express my feelings towards this man. He looked me in the eye and said Sir, I thought you would be happy, we can sell puppies and you can make extra money. And, I said how come you thought I would want that, are you normal? And he continued, don't worry we can still sell puppies. I turned to my friend and said please take this stupid moron out of my face, otherwise I will breed him with pitbull (excuse my language).

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
This gardener is worse than a creature, although he looks like a human. Words are not enough to express my feelings towards this man. He looked me in the eye and said Sir, I thought you would be happy, we can sell puppies and you can make extra money. And, I said how come you thought I would want that, are you normal? And he continued, don't worry we can still sell puppies. I turned to my friend and said please take this stupid moron out of my face, otherwise I will breed him with pitbull (excuse my language).
Yeah....can't argue with that.

SuperG

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'll never stop being amazed at the attitudes of some people.

Does he still have his job? I couldn't have someone with that little respect for other people working for me. I'd be worried about other things he might do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, I forgot to mention. He was fired. But, at the end he gave me and my family and most importantly our lovely Bella nightmares.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
either way sorry this happened OP. if this guy seems proud of this he has no business near any animal not even a goldfish

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Hello,

I have 14 months old German Shepherd. I had to leave her in my friends nursery due to travel reason. Gardener of the nursery, breeded my GSD and Pitbull. I was about to kill him when I learned it.

What is the best way? Spaying or using hormone pills?

I love my dog but I don't want Shepherd Pit babies.

Thank you
I applaud you for coming on this forum looking for help regarding an unwanted pregnancy. Mistakes happen. You've managed your pup for 14 months, I've no doubt you can move on with lessons learned.

I highly recommend you speaking with your regular vet. Any surgery holds possibilities of complications. As with any medications provided. Your vet can help you through this process.

Please be aware that there are many knowledgeable members on this forum that will recognize you are in trouble and you're looking for help. Please don't get caught up with the arm chair quarter backs looking to change the world by spreading their hate one poster at a time.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
whatever lilie youre obviously referring to me. i always like to advise spay/neuter. if i can help persway 1 person that wouldve had a future oops litter i did my job. its not about changing the world but helping. drew carey says spay neuter all the time on thr price is right. send him an email and tell him to stop.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
whatever lilie youre obviously referring to me. i always like to advise spay/neuter. if i can help persway 1 person that wouldve had a future oops litter i did my job. its not about changing the world but helping. drew carey says spay neuter all the time on thr price is right. send him an email and tell him to stop.

Scar,

It's difficult to disagree with your sweeping generalization to the greater degree since the culpability of all too many dog owners in the USA is pathetic. HOWEVER, I do believe this forum includes many individuals who would be considered the exception to the rule hence you will get differing opinions to the one you advocate.

The likelihood I will ever breed my bitch is somewhat remote but my rationale for keeping her intact is in hopes of longevity and better health than my previous 2 GSDs which were sterilized at a young age. It is a different approach than the current mainstream veterinarian recommendations suggest....but I feel compelled to try a different angle based on past experiences ( losses ). Obviously, there are many in here who keep a dog intact for future breeding purposes as well as the areas of competition they engage in but putting them aside, there are people like me who choose not to sterilize their dog for health reasons. With this decision comes additional responsibilities and I wholeheartedly accept these responsibilities as it gives me hopes of not having to say "goodbye" to another best of friends too early.

SuperG

·
Registered
509 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more.

We lost a wonderful female to cancer at the grand old age of 3. We had her spayed at 4 months of age.

Knowing what I know now, I can't help but wonder if we contributed to her early death and I'm not going to take that chance again. But I'm not going to be irresponsible about letting my dogs breed, either.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Drew Carey has his timing down to an art. That's why he makes the big bucks. Not saying it's an art form that I would watch, not much into game shows.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Drew Carey has his timing down to an art. That's why he makes the big bucks. Not saying it's an art form that I would watch, not much into game shows.
Indeed, but Bob Barker said it best! And what an ironic name he had ;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ask the vet to do an OSS (hysterectomy) instead of a traditional ovario-hysterectomy. That way, your female will still have her ovaries for optimal health and longevity, and she will not have these puppies, and you all but eliminate the risk of pyometra later in life. This is what I just did with my oldest retired female.

Parsemus Foundation » Ovary-Sparing Spay

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Ask the vet to do an OSS (hysterectomy) instead of a traditional ovario-hysterectomy. That way, your female will still have her ovaries for optimal health and longevity, and she will not have these puppies, and you all but eliminate the risk of pyometra later in life. This is what I just did with my oldest retired female.

Parsemus Foundation » Ovary-Sparing Spay
Yes, good advice!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts