German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a German Sheppard named Max! He’s about 3 years old. He started this weird thing where he paces.. he runs up and down this path over and over again.. everyone once in a while he’ll stop and stare likes he’s fixed on an object. I’m not sure if this is behavior I should worry about or bring to the attention of a vet!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
IF the behavior is new and out of character, and you can't see the "thing" he seems to be fixating on, I'd definitely be bringing it up with your Vet!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I don't think videos can be uploaded to this site directly. The easiest way is to upload to YouTube setting access to public, then paste the link here

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hi! I have a German Sheppard named Max! He’s about 3 years old. He started this weird thing where he paces.. he runs up and down this path over and over again.. everyone once in a while he’ll stop and stare likes he’s fixed on an object. I’m not sure if this is behavior I should worry about or bring to the attention of a vet!
Does the behavior seem to be a sudden and unexpected burst of energy?

Every now and then my dog will have an unexpected burst of energy. And he’ll race around the yard at full speed. Then he’ll suddenly pause for a second or two then start racing around again.

If this is similar to what your dog is doing, don’t worry.
It’s a random behavior and not uncommon.
Some dog owners call it the Zoomies.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Does he gets any exercise? (not walks)

How you explained it seems that he runs back and forth; and he has imaginary friend/prey/predator that he runs around. Something like inmates are playing basketball without a ball. Or puppies are running and barking around imaginary ball. :nerd:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts