German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to put our 4 year old down yesterday due to a serious bout of 3M. He was having difficulty walking and looked so miserable. I have never put a dog down before and it was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. But I know he is in a place now where he can run freely without the disease taking over his body. He is up there with our son watching over us, and i'm sure he is playing a good game of fetch with him.

Here is our boy, Dakota:

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
Rest in Peace Dakota. Run Free, handsome

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Deepest sympathy to you and your family on the passing of Dakota. It is even sadder at such a young age but thank you for having his best interests in mind at this very difficult time.

Goodbye Beautiful Boy.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. 4 is just too young

RIP handsome boy

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
<span style="color: #000099">Four years old is just so young - I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, Dakota.
</span>

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
It is never easy to see them go at any age, but when they are young it seems as though it is the hardest. My first GSD was put to sleep at the age of 6 years. I am so sorry for your loss. Know that you did the right thing and he is free from pain and running around like a mad man with all of our pets up in Heaven.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
So sorry for your loss, he was a beautiful fellow.

Rest in Peace beautiful Dakota, run free at the Bridge.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
It must be a terrible loss.

If there is a heaven, he will be there waiting for you-with the same devotion he showed in this life.

Mary Jane

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Such sad news. So sorry. ((hugs))

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry for your families loss. I lost My Dakota last sunday at 9 years old and i felt like i had been robbed, at age 4 thats just not even fair. Its awful heartbvreaking but you will get through it, be strong and know your dog loves you no matter what.

·
Registered
88 Posts
He sure was a cutie. I am so sorry.

Kathy

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
very very very sorry. I lost a GSD very young, it was heartbreaking.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am sorry for your painful loss. His footprints on your heart are the imprints of love. Priceless.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
4 is way to young!

so sorry and Dakota rest in peace handsome

My heart goes out to you and your family

1 - 20 of 25 Posts