German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow what an increase in the renewal fees for United Schutzhund. A friend thought it might be due to the drastic reduction in membership.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Nope, due to an increase in expenses and the fact that there hasn't been a dues increase in over 14 years.

·
Registered
233 Posts
While that very well may true and certainly the most PC explanation they had to replace the money from membership loss somehow. Sort of like the new BS tier policy for USA trial entry fees:

USA - Executive Ballots

The USA's idea of slightly increased and mine are miles apart. The example shown is a 40% increase and that people is more than slight any way you want to paint it.

While I was able to re-new my membership under the old dues schedule next year won't be the case and we will be dropping family membership and possibly USA period.

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
I have to renew by March 1st...we encouraged all of our training group to join before the first of the year so they could pay the old rate.
I'll still support USA, but it is a huge increase in these hard economical times. I could see maybe a $20 increase but $40 for an individual is a bit steep.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
As someone who attended the GBM and heard what Sean O'Kane had to say (and also knowing Sean personally) I happen to trust the so called PC explanation. We had a choice for a smaller dues increase, but the delegates voted for the $40 increase. Nope, I am not thrilled, but then I don't care for how expensive anything is anymore. People can spin this anyway they want to, but it was voted on and passed (wasn't just something the officers decided to do).

BTW, I abstained since my club did not authorize me to vote for either of the two choices.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
So is it increasing to $100 or to $140?

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
From $60 to 100 for an individual membership.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Ehh, maybe I"m used to paying a lot more for all my memberships. $100 seems pretty good for a year. Yes, it's a big jump but $60 is pretty low...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Tis why I am going with DVG ;)

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Assuming you are a USA member.....this is a great question for your Regional Director. Have you posed this question to him or her??

With the recent JA amendment I think the USA membership is really hurting....

I am still trying to find out if our RD is voting for the majority or if she just takes input from everyone into consideration and then votes. Still have not had this question answered on our regional website. I would also like to see a democratic voting system in place and that has not been addressed either.....

Not sure if I will renew my USA membership at this point.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yeah I'm hoping the DVG I belong to will start hosting more trials.

·
Premium Member
11,341 Posts
Been a member for 12? 13 years - first increase in membership for me....everything has gone up and I guess this is really not so bad in light of how many years it has been $60....still most opportunity to trial in most areas of the US...still alot of politics and BS - same old, same old...still best of the bunch....

Lee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts