German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Today, as I'm friends with the breeder on Facebook, I saw her post this pic and it is my puppies parents. For those of you who've never seen Cody (my puppy) a pick is included.

My question is about his mom...What kind of GSD is she considered to be? I've never seen this type of collaration even after months on this forum...

thanks for your thoughts

Attachments

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I agree with Linzi. Blue Sable is my best guess.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
She doesn't look blue to me. Her nose looks black and her sable color is light but doesn't look grey to me.
Argh! The one time I felt certain I knew the color....this is all so confusing...

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I have never seen a GSD that looked like that before. :eek:

It's almost odd looking, unique, very unique. :confused:

But Cody is one good looking dog. I love him, sometimes he looks black/tan to me and others he looks sable. He is probably one of the best looking GSD's I have ever seen. :wub:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow...so there are blue sables too? crazy all the colors these guys come in.

yeah, after all my hours on this board, I had still not seen a GSD quite like Cody's mama. Thank you all for the compliments.

Laren, no puppynapping my boy ;)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
wow...so there are blue sables too? crazy all the colors these guys come in.

yeah, after all my hours on this board, I had still not seen a GSD quite like Cody's mama. Thank you all for the compliments.

Laren, no puppynapping my boy ;)
I offer no guarantees, you know, your not that far from me. ;)

You better watch him closely.........

·
The Italian One
8,729 Posts
Yep, the one on the left is a sable and the one on the right is a black/tan.

The colors don't come across really well on this computer (my end). I'll have to check on my laptop later but Jax is correct. If it's a blue it would have grey nose leather. It however can be very light or much darker grey. Blues usually have lighter eye coloring then I see in the picture so I don't think this is a blue sable.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.