German Shepherds Forum banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
My first shepherd was a rescue and came with the name King. It didn't fit his goofy, gangly self at all, but I can't bring myself to change the name of a dog if they come with one (my golden is named Carly, which I would've never chosen but now can't see her with any other name) so King he was. We lost him much too young, so when we were finally ready to bring home another dog, we knew we wanted his namesake to be a part of it. After much deliberation, we landed on 'Cash' as in Johnny Cash. Our boy is almost solid black and if you google The Million Dollar Quartet, the King association ties in nicely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am a fan of giving dogs names that are the opposite of how they appear. My past two dogs were an English bulldog named Daisy and a west Highland White Terrier named Duke. My GSD is named Titan which doesn't quite follow the previous pattern but it suits him.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I named my first gsd Diegotxe An'Ra Del Toro. I made a beautiful blend of Basque, Spanish and Egyptian. Friends and family simply called him Diego. I usually called him Digo ( pronounced deego) or An'Ra (pronounced oon-rah). My male cats name was Pirelli. I named him after the tire that sponsored Subaru when they used to compete in WRC. Subaru mostly used Pirelli tires, which are great btw, and I'm a Subaru nut. So it fits lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
My dog is Alyska, which is a variant of Alaska and means That which the Sea Breaks Against. Which I think is very lovely and fits her well, though we call her Yska most of the time.

And we decided if we ever got another (we want black or dark sable) we'd name it's Newark if it was a male because Alyska is a variant of Alaska and Newark is a City in New Jersey so I thought Alaska=snow/ white, Newark = smog/Black or Ivayla if it was a Female, which means Wolf.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our newest GSD is named Remi, short for Remington. We recently lost our other shepherd Justice after 8 yrs battling pancreatitis. Since we're firefighter / EMT's and the wife works for county PD, we name our shepherds law enforcement related. Our other pooch is a Jack Russel Terrier and is named Hallie, who is registered as **** on Wheels Halligan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm putting a deposit down for a GSD pup shortly, so I just signed up for an account here after using the site for some research. I'm already starting to think of names and saw this topic and had to reply. I've fostered a number of rescue dogs over the years, so I keep a list of names on my phone in case we get a last minute addition.

I recently lost my GSD mix whose name was Jake, not all that original. My other current dogs are a male French Bulldog named Remy and 2 female terrier mix street dogs named Tegan & Dani. While Dani wasn't specifically named after Danica Patrick, we tend to call her that when she's in trouble. Tegan is the hyper dog in the household and I often call her spazapotamus.

These are some of the names on my list, which includes a couple that are in the running for the new pup.

Alia
Alric
Bayou
Boudreaux
Cade
Cash
Cayenne
Findlay
Hassen
Harper
Harlow
Jase
Koen
Levi
Miller
Pickle
Possum
Pullo (great character from the HBO series Rome)
Reiken
Seger
Severyn
Sloan
Sparrow
Thibodeaux

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't think I've seen my baby's name on this thread, and I've never met another dog named Casanova (Cas for short). I personally prefer male dogs, and I'm thinking my next boy will be Maverick or Riot, but those are just a few ideas. If you can't tell, I have a certain theme going ;)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sheba, for our soon to arrive little girl. (two more weeks!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Coming up with names

What a great list of names every one has compiled. I am debating on naming my new German Shepherd pup that will be added to my home at the end of next month several names. Decisions like this make me crazy.
Here are the choices I am thinking of:
Scarlett
Czarina
Katarina
Rose
Milkshake

Are the top in the in the running.
Of course I am also thinking of some other names I had threatened to name my next dog for years....

Hoover
Eureka
Dyson
Shark
Kirby
DirtDevil
Misdemeanor - is one name that just cracks me up for some reason. Probably due to my husband having worked in Corrections and as a Humane Officer.

Will have to see how she acts. Unless one of her brothers decide that he should be my companion. Then I shall have to get a whole new list compiled!

·
Registered
69 Posts
My nine year old female's name is Katanya. I'm going to be getting a puppy, planning on her being a silver sable, this summer and her name will be Rio.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts