German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night Df and I had to go to Lexington to pick-up his weekend cab...Normally I do not take Emma or Elle, but leave them home. DF snuck Elle into the van without me noticing, as I thought she was in her room, since her coller was hanging in it's normal spot....But I get in the van, and there's my wiggle tail, happy as ever.......SO a dog, no coller, what could go wrong, right?

Well, 16 police officers, 5 LexTran busses, 2 cabs, 1 security guard, and 2 LONG HOURS (we waited for this truck) ...the Altanater(sp) went out...We had to drive 3 miles with no head lights, windshield wipers, dash lights, or radio, to the nearest safest locaton to sit and wait for a tow truck...Elle did fine, I got lucky and wore a belt and used it as a coller....But the Tow truck driver wouldn't let me or the dog in the truck, so he had this idea to leave her on a busy road tied to a pole at midnight in the pouring rain and me sit with her alone...YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!! DUMB answer, Like I'm leaving my girl...finally we got a hold of DF's cab friend and he picked us up, and we went and got another cab, then back home...All in all what should have been an hour and a half trip turned into 4 and a half hours...Thankfully Emma doesn't like car rides too much and was home, I don't know how it would have turned out with them both, I'm sure fine, but I'm glad everything worked out!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
You made me real nervous with the "so he had this idea to leave her on a busy road tied to a pole at midnight in the pouring rain and me sit with her alone...YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!! " I lost my breathe!!

DUMB is right, what is wrong with some people - leave your car, shoes, and friends --- but never your bestest friend -Your Dog

Happy everything turned out OK - sometimes I think I should carry an extra collar & leash in the car, for times like this, - but I am one of those that has an extra clip I added on my girls collar to leash as her leash hook was always unhooking : - 0 .

Glad everyone is safe!

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
I have spare collars and leashes in the truck. I also carry a spare halter and lead rope. (I HAVE found horses loose on the side of the highwy in the past too.)

I would have told the guy, "How about we leave YOU on the side of the road in the rain and WE {us AND the dog} take your truck?"

Glad everyone finally made it home.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally Posted By: ToFree24You made me real nervous with the "so he had this idea to leave her on a busy road tied to a pole at midnight in the pouring rain and me sit with her alone...YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!! " I lost my breathe!!

DUMB is right, what is wrong with some people - leave your car, shoes, and friends --- but never your bestest friend -Your Dog

Happy everything turned out OK - sometimes I think I should carry an extra collar & leash in the car, for times like this, - but I am one of those that has an extra clip I added on my girls collar to leash as her leash hook was always unhooking : - 0 .

Glad everyone is safe!
By the time this guy said such a foolish thing, I was starved, we hadn't had dinner yet (we were supposed to earlier, but oh well, had to wait to get home) anyhow, I guess I may have been a bit moody...But i lost it, I basically asked him if he'd leave his 2 yr old child on the road...he looked at me like i was insane...but to me, my girls are my kids...i will never leave either one in harms way, I'd rather have an eye poked out or lose an arm, but never leave my dogs...trust me there will be extra leashes & collers for now on! I won't even repeat what DF said, lets just say the tow driver was probably happy to get rid of us!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Glad that wasn't me, cause I would have given that tow truck driver a tracheaotomy without an anesthetic. Reminds me of a time I once stopped to pick up a hitchhiker on a cold wintery night some years ago when I had my old Ford pickup. He was a older dude, and he asked me if I would mind putting Maxie in the bed of the pickup as he did not want to ride in the cab with her. I told him sorry, he would have to find another ride, and drove off.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally Posted By: flyinghayden Glad that wasn't me, cause I would have given that tow truck driver a tracheaotomy without an anesthetic. Reminds me of a time I once stopped to pick up a hitchhiker on a cold wintery night some years ago when I had my old Ford pickup. He was a older dude, and he asked me if I would mind putting Maxie in the bed of the pickup as he did not want to ride in the cab with her. I told him sorry, he would have to find another ride, and drove off.
Good for you, i would have done the same thing!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
if it wasn't for the fact you waited for a while i would have said sorry i will call your competitor for a tow (the state police has everyone that tows in the areas down he wouldn't have liked that at all, my dad tows is how I know this)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was out and about with Taedyn, and my alternator went out as well. Got a tow truck, and my boyfriend came to pick me up.

However, my boyfriend shares his car with someone else. His friend was the driver for a dinner party of 5! As the good sport that he is, he left the dinner party and gave the car to my boyfriend to pick me up. Afterwards, we had to pick up everyone at the dinner party and drive them home.

So here we are, 7 people and a large GSD jam packed in a compact car. Did I forget to mention that one of the people was terrified of dogs? Her eyes almost bugged out of her head when she saw how large Taedyn was.

But, we made it, and Taedyn was perfect! The girl who was scared sat in the front on her boyfriend's lap, and four of us squeezed in the back seat with Taedyn laying across our laps. She was in heaven, actually. She loves people and cuddling. We all scratched and rubbed her belly as she lounged across us in utter bliss.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally Posted By: mkennelsif it wasn't for the fact you waited for a while i would have said sorry i will call your competitor for a tow (the state police has everyone that tows in the areas down he wouldn't have liked that at all, my dad tows is how I know this)
We would have loved to have called another company, but the cab company has an account with them, and unfortunatly that's who we had to go with...But trust me, they were so happy when they finally dropped the car off and got away from DF, a hungry, tired and frustrated man is not a good combination...lol

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally Posted By: ceardachI was out and about with Taedyn, and my alternator went out as well. Got a tow truck, and my boyfriend came to pick me up.

However, my boyfriend shares his car with someone else. His friend was the driver for a dinner party of 5! As the good sport that he is, he left the dinner party and gave the car to my boyfriend to pick me up. Afterwards, we had to pick up everyone at the dinner party and drive them home.

So here we are, 7 people and a large GSD jam packed in a compact car. Did I forget to mention that one of the people was terrified of dogs? Her eyes almost bugged out of her head when she saw how large Taedyn was.

But, we made it, and Taedyn was perfect! The girl who was scared sat in the front on her boyfriend's lap, and four of us squeezed in the back seat with Taedyn laying across our laps. She was in heaven, actually. She loves people and cuddling. We all scratched and rubbed her belly as she lounged across us in utter bliss.
Lol, got to love those GSD's.....DF's friend who is also a taxi driver does not particularly like dogs and Elle when she got into the cab she ran over to him and gave him a big lick on the face...I about died, I think he thought she was going to bite him, which she would never do, and instead of her sitting up by herself like a big girl and looking out the window she had to come lay across my lap and stare at the driver trying to lick him through the air...it was so cute...but she was a good girl, I really can't complain with her behavior one bit!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I keep several strong slip leads in my car...One size fits all, for strays or either of my two dogs. It's come in handy since Brenna has had a bad habit of chewing leashes up, but only in the car for some reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts