German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me, he's fine, he's not going to change - but I like hearing your opinions.

During his workout this morning.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wouldn't put more than 2-3 pounds on him :) He's well muscled and lean and I don't see any ribs!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know- he would look serious in so many pics if not for that monster tongue lol

·
Registered
275 Posts
Might be more comfortable up here with a little more meat on his bones for the next 3-4 months, but he looks good and fit to me, and not under weight.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looks healthy to me, not that another 2-3 lbs would hurt him, but I wouldn't think he was underfed if I saw him. He's beautiful!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Nope...he looks good. I would rather have a leaner dog than an overweight one. Especially since the extra weight isn't good for their hips. :)

Love the pictures!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
If I remember correctly, he is about the same age as my boy (18 months). Stark is just starting to fill out a bit... heavier in the chest, neck thicker, etc.. and I just noticed this change a few days ago. He is still VERY skinny in the back though, you can feel his ribs and spine when you pet him. He eats 3.5lbs of food (raw) per day plus training treats and he still looks skinny/gangly. I believe it really is their age and development playing a part here. They are in the 'inbetween' stage, not yet a man, not quite a boy'. ;)

He looks great. Nice and muscled for his age, lean, active, etc.. Keep doing what you are doing. :)

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, he and Stark are about the same age... He was born May 1st '09.

He's just starting to fill out, he's still narrow but his chest has dropped a lot.. My showline boy didn't change a whole lot, he was heavy boned from the start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts