German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little white gsd boy is about 13 weeks now and when I took him in to the vet about a week and a half ago he was 12.6 pounds (Apx. 12 weeks). I’m sure he’s gained a few pounds since then but I have found myself lost in the charts and comparisons. Will he have a sudden growth spurt? My girlfriend is concerned he won’t grow to be full size or super big. He’s being fed a cup and a half of blue buffalo wilderness puppy (dry) three times a day.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
As long as he is healthy and getting good food he will grow to whatever size he is meant to be. Overfeeding won't make him grow larger than his genes say he will be. Sorry I can't be of help on how much to feed, I raw feed. I haven't fed kibble in over 14 years. But really, don't worry about how fast he is growing. I had a very sickly GSD, she was skin and bones. She needed heart surgery and that went well. She grew to be 75lbs in her active years and topped out at about 85lbs when she was older.
And btw, very cute pup you have there.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
His body condition looks great. Feeding more will make him fat, which is unhealthy in every dog but especially growing large breed pups. You and your girlfriend shouldn't worry. He is who he is and will be what he will be. Don't focus on size but on health, bonding and enjoy him. I think he is adorable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts