German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from kolkata, india, and i am having a 11 month old german shepherd. On a whole is very active and healthy too but his weight is only 27 kgs /60 pounds. Can someone please auggeat me till what age german shepherd grow? Is their any food which can make his head bigger?
for ready reference i attaching his photographs
3C157D18-4CF0-48F5-9C59-BC78D74311C1.jpeg
6B869C81-C280-48E7-A746-D3A76F0DB94F.jpeg

·
Registered
413 Posts
He doesn't seem underweight, though that is hard to tell when he's lying down, 60 lbs is pretty small though. German shepherds can continue to grow and fill out until 2-3 years so don't worry his head will broaden with maturity

·
Registered
1 Posts
agree 60lb is a bit low for an 11 month old male. Lincoln is 14 months now and he's hovered around 70-80lb for the last 4 or 5 months. Lincoln also had a very skinny head and it's starting to fill out as well in the last 3 months or so. I believe they grow until at least 18 months, even past the 2 year mark as they mature and their base energy level settles a little bit.

My boy has always been a picky eater and sometimes just wont eat. At first we were always worried, but usually by the next day he's starving and will eat all his food. Our vet wasn't concerned as long as his poop was healthy, his energy didn't drop dramatically and he eventually did eat.

·
Super Moderator
8,692 Posts
60lbs is totally reasonable for an 11 month old when the breed standard for males starts at 66lbs. your dog is the equivalent of a preteen child, if that... weight aside, secondary sex characteristics (broad head, chest, etc) take time to develop - genetics and hormones determine this, not food.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
60lbs is totally reasonable for an 11 month old when the breed standard for males starts at 66lbs. your dog is the equivalent of a preteen child, if that... weight aside, secondary sex characteristics (broad head, chest, etc) take time to develop - genetics and hormones determine this, not food.
You don't want to tell people about the secret "big head" food .....

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
He looks fine to me. Don't try to feed him more because his weight looks healthy. His head will get more masculine as long as you don't neuter him. Enjoy your growing up adolescent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts