German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's a phase I don't know what's going on I don't know if it's me. Bella recently came off her heat cycle but she's not acting the same. I mean it's nothing wrong I'm not complaining it's just she's different.

When I take her outside she's not really into it, maybe it's the weather she never liked the heat but it really haven't been that hot. She rather play inside than outside these days. If you guys follow my post you know Bella loves playing with her ball. But for some reason she's not into that right now.

If I let her she will sleep all day without a problem. I have to kind of force her to get up and go be active. She's not hurt or anything we just left the vet she's really healthy.

I don't like dog parks I never really go but I was just wondering am I over reacting am I reading her wrong so I took her to he dog park when a couple of my friends and their dog went. (Bella loves the dog park) Our dogs known each other since they were puppies. None of them starts trouble or anything none of them are aggressive none of them have doninance issues; it was just us in the park.

So we're there, one of my friends dogs wanted to play but all Bella kept doing is rolling on to her back or she would just turn her head away from the dog. The puppy just wanted to lick her and play. So when the puppy realize Bella wasn't in a playing mood she left her alone. We weren't there long but for the time we were she literally just did her own thing didn't play with anyone just went around sniffing. That's not her, Bella is the queen of wrestling and knocking dogs over.

So everyday for a week me and her have been going back over her basic commands just to sharpen things up. She has been awesome with that. Then we will go on a mini jog. All the fun things we did outside, we now do them inside considering she doesn't want to be outside. It's to the point where I let her out to use the bathroom she won't go. I will let out her out and as soon as I close the door she comes back to the door and waits for me to open it and when I do open she just jumps in my chair and waits for me to lay with her. If i decided to lay on the couch she will jump off the chair and come lay with me on the couch and sleep all day.

I was wondering could my wife be playing a role? she has been gone for two weeks for work also. Could she be missing my wife or something ?

Is this a phase ?

What is she trying to tell me?

Why would she rather play in the house and not outside like we normally do ?

Orrrrrrr is it nothing ...?

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Pyometra is a concern, I would really keep an eye on her.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No blood work was ran. The vet said I shouldn't be concerned that's why I suggested it maybe a phase. She isn't throwing up or having any discharge she's eating and drinking fine

·
Registered
300 Posts
The vet doesn't know your dog like you do and may not have given a thorough exam if they weren't looking for anything in particular, so I say trust your gut :) maybe go have bloods done, better safe than sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts