German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31,132 Posts
I have a 6 yr old Iron son. Love him.

From what I've seen, the hardness of the dogs seem to come down thru the mother. Eros is very well balanced, medium drive, dog.

What are you looking for? What is the dam like?

·
Super Moderator
18,681 Posts
I have seen some nice dogs by Iron. Very good dog.

I, personally, would not do a linebreeding on Falk and his brother, Cherokee. I would worry about allergies being accentuated.

I bred to a Vito grandson. The litter had a lot of aggression, not big dogs, not always clear in the head, some very good drive, some not so good. Not always easy dogs to handle. Something to keep in mind is that Vito died of bloat/torsion.

I trained with 3 different Hetty kids by three different males. IMO the Como litter wasn't as good of a litter, but Como was not a very good producer. Most of the Hetty stuff was pretty crazy in drive and if you look at her lines, she needed balance in the males she was bred to.

Iron could bring the balance to the mother's lines (can only look at lines here), but there are some health issues that I would strongly look at before making the cross.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have seen some nice dogs by Iron. Very good dog.

I, personally, would not do a linebreeding on Falk and his brother, Cherokee. I would worry about allergies being accentuated.

I bred to a Vito grandson. The litter had a lot of aggression, not big dogs, not always clear in the head, some very good drive, some not so good. Not always easy dogs to handle. Something to keep in mind is that Vito died of bloat/torsion.

I trained with 3 different Hetty kids by three different males. IMO the Como litter wasn't as good of a litter, but Como was not a very good producer. Most of the Hetty stuff was pretty crazy in drive and if you look at her lines, she needed balance in the males she was bred to.

Iron could bring the balance to the mother's lines (can only look at lines here), but there are some health issues that I would strongly look at before making the cross.

I have line breeding on falk, already noting some excessive scratching and biting...pretty sure it’s allergies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I believe the OP is asking about the dog he already owns (Max), not looking at purchasing a new puppy. Same pedigree and name as previous posts.

·
Registered
31,132 Posts
I believe the OP is asking about the dog he already owns (Max), not looking at purchasing a new puppy. Same pedigree and name as previous posts.

mmm...yup.

Dog should be about 7 months now.
@Jorski - What info are you looking for about your dog? Are there traits you are seeing that want info on?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not looking for anything in particular. Yes, this is a dog that I already have and he has been great so far. I bought this pup having known the breeder for 30 years. The mother is a super calm dog and I liked that. Iron seems to be an amazing dog, with an incredible trainer. I saw this thread and thought it would be interesting to learn more about the dogs in the pedigree. I appreciate the comments!

As for Max, so far he is an extremely calm dog who learns very quickly. He has a huge ball drive and he is very dependable around other dogs and kids. He has been a lot of fun!

·
Registered
31,132 Posts
I know Eros and trained with Deb with Seger. Seger is one of Jody's breedings. Eros is a phenomenal dog on and off the field. Biddable, great drives, all around package.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts