German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a phone call from Bradford County Humane Society. I do not have pictures or much information and I really need help on this one. I'm flying home on Saturday for a week due to a family emergency.

Maryanne described her as black with a little brown on her feet so I'm suspecting she's a bi-color. She said she was very sweet, no issues and currently in heat. I'm am going to try to get down there first thing in the morning to eval her. I'll stop tonight to get a look at her to verify color and possible age. Maryanne said "I know you'll want her". She came in as a stray and her hold will be up Saturday.

This shelter is full, dogs living outside and desperately need any help they can get from rescues. Is there anyone that can help with this girl? I won't even be home to pull her for rescue so all I'll be able to get is the eval.

Bradford County Humane Society
Route 220
PO Box 179
Ulster PA 18850

Shelter phone: 570-888-2114
Fax: 570-888-8707

Rescues must be 501c3. Paperwork needs to be faxed to the HS c/o Maryanne and there is a $35 spay/neuter deposit that must be paid in case, refundable upon proof of spay/neuter.

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Definitely bi-color and if she's not either czech or DDR, I'll eat my shirt! Will get pictures and eval tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Sounds like a pretty girl !

Age ?
Do you know any info on temp ?
Good with dogs, cats, children (younger & older), men, women, etc ?

Any other info would be a big help......;)

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I don't have any other info. As I said before, I couldn't do the eval until this morning. No, she will not be tested with children. She came in as a stray. I will get as much info as I always do when I do the eval this morning along with pictures.

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She's certainly a beauty! And hard to get a picture of!

She says "Blah...get me outta here!" Look at her cool little black spot on her tongue. :)

Her nails are crazy long.

She moves pretty nice.

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sasha is very sweet and loves attention. We spent a couple of hours with her. She will run to anyone for a pat. I think she might know some commands. She was really distracted with all the noise and pent up energy but she seemed to know what sit was. She took a treat very nicely from me, and then spit it onto the ground. She had almost zero interest in toys. She was a little curious about the squeaky toy but didn't want it.

It took about 1/2 hour for her to settle down and then she walked nicely on the leash. Still some pulling and she'll need training but she wants to please so I think it will be easy.

She is in heat so testing her with Jax was really hard. She settled in and was calm walking around Jax. We could be within a few feet but we couldn't get close enough to let them meet without Sasha reacting. So we found a nice neutered male, who was very sweet and playful, to test her with. She did very well. No reaction to him and she really didn't seem to care. They met nose to nose and she just sniffed and looked away. I don't think she is a dog that will take alot of monkey business but I certainly think she would do fine with a nice male.

Next was the cat test. Can I just say that I LOVE it when they walk in, sniff the cat and then go sit down on the other side of the room? She sniffed the cat through the crate and then ignored him.

I accidentally stepped on her feet while we were walking several times. She didn't react at all. I could pick up her feet, check her teeth and ears (which are filthy), push on her butt. She had no problem with being handled at all. Looking at her teeth and muzzle, my guess is she is about 1 1/2 yr old.

Sasha came in as a stray and is not listed on petfinder yet. She can not be released until Saturday. However, there are many new people working and Maryanne will not be back in until Monday. That would be the best time to try to reach her. I will be out of town so we will need pull and transport help for her.

·
Registered
98 Posts
She's beautiful... Wish I could bring all these pretty babies home with me :(

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Jax, Thank you sooo much for doing the eval. getting the pictures. She is a beautiful dog.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Jax...... I think she sounds perfect for you!

Sounds like you guys bonded a little bit.

So when are you taking her home? :D

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, can't be my home. We have three females. The dog I would have kept and I cried when he left was Nero who went to MAGSR.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Oh, too bad. :(

I dont think I recall a Nero :confused:

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Thanks for the update, pics, & info ! :thumbup:

She's a beauty........ :wub:

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last bump for the night for the pretty local girl. Won't be back for a few days so hope someone can help her.

She's certainly a beauty! And hard to get a picture of!

She says "Blah...get me outta here!" Look at her cool little black spot on her tongue. :)

Her nails are crazy long.

21186D94-1EF4-3154-BA72-E2EDDD512D52

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
what is her adopt fee? she sounds like she may be perfect for my parents! lol she may even be perfect for us! she's gorgeous. seems pretty good with life as long as she's loved on and walked. I LOVE her head. Very solid. has a smooth shape to it. and what is her approximate weight and ideal weight if she's under?

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How would you transport her from Pennsylvania? You would need to call the shelter to see if they would even be willing to do this. I don't know what the 'adoption' fee is. I know what a fee for a rescue is but they waive all the fees for rescues except the refundable spay/neuter deposit. Do you have female dogs? If so, you need to read the evaluation. I don't know what she weighs. She well within standard.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Evening bump

1 - 19 of 19 Posts