German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So someone accidentally fed my puppy the chicken I was thawing out for lunch.. I fed him at 630 am and had put chicken to thaw while I was in college, at 11 they gave him a bag full of chicken necks (with fat) and chicken legs, like 2 necks and 4 feet. I usually put boneless chicken in as well but they didn't.

It looks like he had a lot to eat because his belly was big and a bit hard. I was suppose to feed him at 1-2 and then I feed him at 6 dinner.. Should I like not feed him dinner or something light?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I would skip the evening meal and keep an eye on him

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
After what OP described how much the pup got to eat, I doubt it is a bloat. It is the food :)
Had the same thing happening to one of my pups. If it makes you feel better take the pup to the vet. But be prepared for quite a bill.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Puppies get tired and cranky after a huge meal just like us, keep a eye on him and I agree I would fast him tonight with no dinner to help his system work through the food he's already eaten.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I would skip the evening meal, as well, and keep a close eye on him. I hope he feels better soon!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, so I went away for a bit, his stomach is better, I think he could eat after 2-3 hours but that's too late.

BUT

his stools are RUNNY. Should I fast him for tonight?

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Yes, no dinner for tonight. He's had enough to eat for sure! :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can I feed him normal tomorrow? By the way I'm removing the fat from the chicken necks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts