German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Storm is 9-10 weeks old, about 10lbs. (She was 9.6lbs Monday, and we have a vet appt tomorrow, so I'll have an updated weight.)

Her parents are 75-80lbs.

We're still on chicken for the moment, and today I switched to cut-up boneless/skinless chicken breasts fed by hand because we are working on "look at me." She had a bone-in, skin peeled off breast for breakfast, we switched to the boneless this evening. I did offer a chicken neck after our training/feeding session, but she just licked it and ignored it after that.

We were mostly sticking with the kibble from the breeder until today, when I said to heck with it. The most kibble I have been able to get her to eat in one day is about 1/2 cup. She usually will eat a whole chicken breast (about 8 oz) twice a day. She's still VERY runny poops, so I have added a chicken neck to the menu for the past two days. She gets a TINY amount of liver that is baked into treats (probably not even a quarter ounce per day).

She's on Clavamox, and will likely get some sort of antibiotic injection tomorrow at the vet.

So...how much should I be aiming to feed my baby girl each day? 2-3% of estimated adult weight is 1.5-2.4lbs. 7% of current weight is .7lbs (~11oz). That seems like a pretty big difference.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I can't tell you on the raw, as I feed it in addition to.

But wanted to add, the liver might be giving her the diarhea ...Also try adding a small amount "tsp" at this point, of pure canned pumpkin, this helps with diarhea and also with constipation , so it works both ways.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, today vet found giardiasis, so that may explain the runny poops :mad:

We're on a ground turkey/rice diet until that clears up, then we will see where she is at. Thanks much for the recommendation, I will grab some pumpkin tomorrow!

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
At 10# she would probably eat somewhere around 1# a day (maybe more).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts