German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past few days have been warm, lots of melting of the snow going on. Yesterday was very cold and all that melting froze. I put Wolfie out in the yard. The frozen snow was making him fall all over the place! I fear that he will pull a muscle or something, so I kept him in after seeing him slip, slide and wipe out more than once. The sidewalks aren't plowed, so no walks. I have a very bored puppy on my hands! I played all the inside games I could think of. Hubby played with him as well. He got a fresh bone to chew on, and he is still acting so naughty! He has jumped all over the furniture, stole my yarn from the project I was crocheting, keeps removing the gate to the upstairs and going upstairs, counter surfing, biting feet, he even bit me in the butt as I walked by! It just goes on and on! As I write this, Wolfie is having some crate time. Mama needed a break! I hate winter!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Ahh yes, winter is crappy indeed. No snow here but very, very cold with the wind blowing and Deuce is making me nuts too. We took him to the dog park today for an hour and he's now passed out on my foot ;)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Surely not Wolfie!

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Laughing is probably not the response you were looking for, but we're laughing pretty good at the "even bit me in the butt" comment. ;)

On days like that, I just wait for bedtime when all is settled down.

We do raw meaty bones from the butcher in individual crates during the winter when I just need a long break. Summer time they go outside weekly for meaty bones and I have the whole day dog free.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Does he have any puzzle-treat toys?

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He has his raw meaty bone in his crate now, and he buried it under his blanket! Spoiled brat!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
he even bit me in the butt as I walked by!
:rofl:

Did you already play chase? If Panzer has a toy, we stomp our feet towards him and he gets so excited. Takes off running, tears around the house - one of his favorites.

Hopefully the new snow will cover up the ice!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does he have any puzzle-treat toys?
No he doesn't. What do you put in them? Wolfie doesn't like treats besides raw green beans and carrots. Can you put kibble in them?

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:rofl:

Did you already play chase? If Panzer has a toy, we stomp our feet towards him and he gets so excited. Takes off running, tears around the house - one of his favorites.

Hopefully the new snow will cover up the ice!
Yes, we played that game. That's one of his faves.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahh yes, winter is crappy indeed. No snow here but very, very cold with the wind blowing and Deuce is making me nuts too. We took him to the dog park today for an hour and he's now passed out on my foot ;)
Wish we had a dog park close by. We only have one at our summer house

·
Registered
4,725 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That toy is very interesting! I am headed to petsmart tomorrow to check it out! Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
There are some really good puzzle games at petsmart. My fave is one that looks like a dice (super hard since it can't roll around). Entertains Zeb for at least a few hours :)

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Hehehe, Wolfie! I know how you feel, Max is a demon on 4 paws right now. I have thrown about as much ball in the house as I care to take. Right now he is washing it in his water bowl...nice :wild:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts