German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know she must be starting to teeth (4 1/2 months), I first thought it was funny when I found her surrounded by the smoking sticks on the deck, then I saw the pile :eek: well what was left of the pile. She demolished it in no more the 10 minutes. Up to now she never bothered it.

I had a pile - about 1/2 cord of hickory, oak, cherry, and apple wood for the smoker, Sticks are about 2"x2" or 2"x3" by about 12 inches long (perfect size for her) and were neatly sorted by type of wood....NO MORE!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I don't want to spray anything on them that might effect my wood smoke,(like bitter apple) but is there anything I could use? My only other choice is to move all of it into the garage - a real pain especially as BBQ season is back, and a wee bit of a walk to get it. Maybe I need to build a wood bin - a new tool would be in order :cool::laugh:

So now I need to go out and re sort, and I am sure Emma will help - one stick on, two off with a game of chase in between :smirk::crazy::laugh::) She is such a clown sometimes and really feeling her kibble today.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You can try vinegar? I dont know what happens when you burn vinegar but I don't think it tastes very good :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got to go with the project that requires new power tool(s). Poor puppy could get hurt if you don't build a good bin to protect her from those bad sticks.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
She had her some fun!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got to go with the project that requires new power tool(s). Poor puppy could get hurt if you don't build a good bin to protect her from those bad sticks.
Yep them very very bad sticks. I discovered she prefers cherry wood - apple is next.

I just let her have one to chew on while I re-stacked. I covered with a scary tarp - at least it is scarey for now. I fully expect her to be playing with it in short order

1 - 5 of 5 Posts