German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So My GSD that we adopted was neutered on 4/12. They did the strangest neuter procedure where they left the scrotum fully intact. They just took the goods out. It still hangs there and he licks at his pee pee (not the sack) I was wondering if anyone has ever seen anything like this? I thought about calling my vet and asking what the cost would be to remove it. IDK if the licking is related to that but I cant help think it may be... I dont want to put graphic photos up that would get me in trouble but if someone wants to see what I mean I can.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its been a Loooonnnggg time since i had a dog neutered (my dog other male dog is 19) and they cut the whole sack and all off. I didnt even know they could do it this way. Doesnt seem to make sense to me since the incision spot is at the top how would it drain? So weird...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys feel better about it now. Just thought it was really strange, but what do I know, I dont get a new dog often I keep the ones I have forever ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would never put my dog through an anesthetic procedure to remove some lose skin like a residual scrotum after neuter.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

I am not going to I just did not think it was normal. My Shiba when neutered they took it all. But that was more years ago than I can count. I just didnt realize they did it this way now and it seems strange the location of the incision. When we geld horses its always in a position that allows it to drain. No worries boy isnt going through anything unnecessary he's been through enough :paw:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts