German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Re: Tyner, NC - Milo 8 wks.

Diane is picking up this cute guy today!!

·
Registered
985 Posts

SAVED SAVED SAVED
Could the mods mark the thread title as such, please.

Milo is in his temporary home! Drive was a third longer and took a lot longer than I thought but made it back to the vet's 10 minutes before they were due to close. They gave him a checkup, fecal sample is negative (but I could have told them that...he's a plump happy healthy little pupper ). He weighs in at just over 16 lbs (9 weeks old). As of now, he's up to date on:

Parvo/distemper/paralvirus
Heartworm
Flea/tick (we need it as we're inundated with both right now)

He's a sweet, lovable, adorable, face-kissing pup; playful and happy.

He rides like it's an everyday affair ... well, after crawling in my lap for the first 10 miles, hanging on to my neck and whimpering, then it was flip into the back seat and he slept most of the way from there. Never peed once. No barfing.

He's been fed Purina Puppy Chow so I bought a bag of that for now...don't want to upset his tummy. Okay, also bought a collar. *giggles*

Doesn't like leash...AT ALL! Must be the first time he's ever had one on. But he climbed the stairs to my porch with only minimal problem. This was after a 20 minute run around the yard, which he seemed to love. Tomorrow it's a romp in the kiddy pool and then a bath.

Both Thor and Freya met us at the door (Kat left the door open to the hallway). I held the pupper in my arms, got down on the floor and let all three do a little nose to nose. All was well until pupper got loose and ran underneath Thor. Thor jumped back like he had been hit with a cattle prod. "What is this little thing, ma?" *grins* No sign of anything but curiosity from all three. I think Thor is a bit fascinated. Keeps running to the hallway door to watch the pupper. Freya is laying by my feet, totally uninterested.

He's eaten some, drunk a lot of water, checked out some toys and is bedded down in the hallway right now. He's had a busy day. Will have to take him out shortly to do whatever business he has to do.

He will stay here until his transport is arranged to truck him up to Wisconsin. I'm almost hoping they can't manage to do it.....I'm in love already.

Funny side story: Guy turned in all four pups from a litter. He had bred his female and she popped out one b/t and three livers. Apparently, he's never seen any livers before, doesn't realize how special they are. Instead he screamed he'd been cheated and his female was bred with 'some mutt that produced four more mutts'. The shelter lady didn't tell him what an idiot he was and all four are happily adopted (Milo is destined for a home, just not there yet). *snickers*

I have one question.....could I just let pupper in with the rest of the family tomorrow? Worry about him peeing randomly (he is a puppy after all) but maybe we could go out in the big yard for some playtime (me supervising of course!). All three seem to WANT to share the same space and I'd like to let them if you wiser ones think it would be okay.

Pics tomorrow....I'm too tired tonight. Been a busy day for me too. *laughs*

·
Registered
4,992 Posts

Nothing like a pup to turn the house upside down!! LOl! Enjoy the puppy breath! Thanks again Diane, without you it wouldnt be possible!

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

YAY!! Big hugs to Milo!!!

·
Registered
985 Posts

A few pics of the pupper (had one of him navigating the stairs but can't find it):::

Learning to sniff from the big kids

Bath time

Drying off...doesn't look too happy about bath time.

Who's wetter?

Velcro dog...this is where he always is...someone should have named him "Underfoot".

Well needed rest for all.

·
Registered
964 Posts

Thsat last one with you and Milo in the hamock was priceless.

Thor is a good looking boy. I did not know about this color either. He sure is cute.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

Wow!!! What a wonderful looking family!!!! Thank you so much for sharing and keep us updated

·
Registered
4,992 Posts

Its nice to see such a big smile on your face with Milo!! He is such a looker. And from the looks of things your 2 gsd's like his company too. Thanks for the pics, working on transport now.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts

Love the 3rd picture! Don't you just love it when they get that 'mad' look on their face!

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

Wow he is just so beautiful. I have only seen a couple livers, I just love them. I think they are my favorite- so unique looking.

·
Registered
280 Posts

What a beauty! I just love that third picture. You can hear him saying "I was perfectly happy being dirty, thank you". Thanks to everyone for a great save. This is one special little boy.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts

Milo's pampered life on the Island is coming to and end. His transport filled and is on his way up north. Thanks so much for being such a great foster mom Diane!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
985 Posts

Yes, indeed. I was up before the sun today ... only for the pupper would I do that. Gaaaaaaaaah. I hate morning people. *snickers*

Even though I was on the back end of a line of tourists 200 cars long (all traveling 30 MPH in a 55MPH zone...#%*^)&&$ [translation not for family site]), we still made it with time to spare. I gotta hand it to those coordinators. Some real talent there....they could move army brigades with no trouble at all. Kathy was 20 miles short on distance but given it was 415 miles round trip that's nothing...and only 10 minutes off on the timing.

But he's off and on his way, as Myoung says. And I MISS HIM ALREADY!!! He was such a sweet heart and his new owners have got to love him to pieces. It was a joy having him (well, except for the constant puddles that needed cleaning and the wires I had to protect from his chewing in half...*giggles*).

God bless, little Milo. I hope you have the happiest of lives. And you can always come back for a visit anytime. P.S. If you run away from your new home, head here. Thor and Freya will hide you between the two of them. They miss you already, by the way.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts

awwww!!!!! I do hope they send updates on little Milo!!!

·
Registered
985 Posts

Oh yes indeed....I'd love to see him with his new family in his new home and find out how he's doing. Pics, pics, pics, and an update would be very nice.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts