German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got an unwanted surprise of two little kitties days ago. They are around 5 weeks now and are disgusting little boys with no idea how not cool it is to leave kitty poops and pees everywhere but the litter box. LOL
We're working on that one. I'll have some Jaeger/kitten pics soon - while I'm holding them, though, definitely.

Batman (black, I didn't name him!) and Elliot.

Okay, El has very sharp teef.

Some of the adult foster ratties:

And one of the 13 wee babies who will be needing homes in a few weeks.

Jaeger thinks they all should be snacks, doesn't like that I tell him they're not, and has more or less said "F this, I'm Godzilla now."

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
The first picture of the b/w kitty is cracking me up because it literally looks like he's smiling! Very cute. Love the action shot of Jaeger.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My mother would be screaming and running away from home if we ever had rats in the house. In fact, anything that is related to rats (mice, hamsters, guinea pigs, etc.) terrify her. The kittens are adorable though. Jaeger is very handsome and I can see why he would think he is Godzilla.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Great photos. The kitties are cute :) And that Godzilla shot is priceless! Jaeger looks So cool there!

I had a pet rat in college, like the black and white ones in your photo. Raised her from a baby, named her Baby, and she was a great pleasure to have around, though died of cancer after only 2-3 years. I had her operated on and the tumor removed, but it was unsuccessful. She was really smart, and only ever did her business in her wood shavings. She was sweet, too. Came running to greet me at the door whenever I came home, and would snuggle up around my neck while I studied. Awww, thanks for jogging me down memory lane. I had forgotten all about my most portable little pet ever ;)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Oh, IDK about 12-lb city rats, but the ones shown in the photo... If you hand raise one from a baby, they are super sweet and crazy entertaining.

They groom themselves like cats do, and are as attentive as most dogs ;)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
J IS the biggest animal here. He's like a giant in a house of dwarves. Poor guy! lol

Rats are pretty cool! I have 24 right now, 20 or so are fosters, though. They're trainable, and affectionate, the black one in the picture makes a huge effort to climb up and kiss your face, and any time you stick fingers in their cage they all start kissing you like little puppies - when you walk in the room (or to their outdoor hutch) they start climbing and jumping around and getting excited. I have 6 males who stay outside on nice days, I transport them with a deep bin - all I have to do is say "come one! Lets go!" and they all climb in, then climb out into the hutch, and again to go inside, they picked it up after two days doing it. Very smart.

Unfortunately 3 years is a long life for a rat. And cancer, tumors, respiratory problems and the like are super common.

Giving kisses during bath time:

They also kiss and love on you if they're in trouble, for instance:

I kept telling him off for stealing ensure from one of the foster rats, so he'd run up and be kissy than try it again. Like so:

I have some Jaeger/kitty pictures loading.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Cute pics. Love the itsy tiny little hands ;)

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They're apparently invisible and safe if they're inside of the rope toy.

And Dahlia, who isn't speaking to anyone as long as the kittens are in sight.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Rats have such a stigma attached to them, it's too bad people can't get past it and see what amazing creatures they are. So friendly, so intelligent. They make much better pets than hamsters. I had two growing up, and loved them dearly.

All your critters are wonderful! Love the Godzilla pic! lol And the bad kitties are just adorable.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
:spittingcoffee: That Godzilla photo is AWESOME! :D

What a houseful! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts