German Shepherds Forum banner

Two GSD (Mix?) brothers

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  GSDmix 
#1 ·
My family and I have recently taken in two new puppy brothers, and we're wondering about their breed mix. A family friend picked them up from a pretty popular dumping place at around 8 weeks old. So we have no idea what their parents were or what their home before was like. One of the brothers, Harley, is a pretty standard sable German Shepherd. If he was by himself, I'd have no problem calling him just German Shepherd. However, his brother Jax is pretty different and because of this we suspect maybe a mix of Boxer or Belgian Malinois? It doesn't matter to us what mix they are, just curious and want some other opinions!

Dog Vertebrate Canidae Mammal Dog breed
Dog Vertebrate Canidae Mammal Dog breed
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae
<--- Harley

Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog Dog breed
Dog Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed Mammal
Dog breed Dog Canidae Mammal Carnivore
<---- Jax

See less See more
#6 ·
Thank you everyone for the input! Besides curiosity, we also wanted to know to have a energy level, drive ect. expectation. So far, they are very manageable, even being total opposites in every imaginable way.

Unrelated, but kinda sad hearing bout a 'popular dumping place' tbh. People.
It's unfortunately a pretty big thing where I live, people can't afford to neuter/spay their free-roaming dogs and end up with unwanted litters every year. Which sounds bad, but with the coyotes and people also not vaccinating them, people rarely have a dog that lives long. :/ :( The most annoying thing is that whenever I try to tell them about anything dog related, they just shrug it off. "They're just animals."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.