German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have no experience with these breeders, but here is my blink on their websites:

Montana: a few red flags here. They focus a lot on the fact that they have German imports but don't really discuss what kind. They focus on the one sire they have that is titled/certified but none of the females are titled and no OFA for any of them listed. Focus is on their color and personalities, not an objective assessment of their merits and skills.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
938 Posts
No thoughts on the Goldberg. It looks fine to me based on the website alone. They are more consistent with other websites of recommended breeders I have seen.

Hopefully others will chime in with more substantive advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Attached is the 6 gen pedigree for hips of the Dam and Sire on the Montana site. I have posted this elsewhere and I don't mean to double post, just thought it may be helpful. That being said, I know there's a lot more to a breeder than his/her dog's hips.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
I have no experience with these breeders, but here is my blink on their websites:

Montana: a few red flags here. They focus a lot on the fact that they have German imports but don't really discuss what kind. They focus on the one sire they have that is titled/certified but none of the females are titled and no OFA for any of them listed. Focus is on their color and personalities, not an objective assessment of their merits and skills.

Montana also breeds Dachshunds and Yorkies...
http://www.alfa-german-shepherds.com/contact.html

Oh and you can call for hypoallergenic kittens too...

·
Premium Member
11,336 Posts
I think you already got a few opinions on the breeding via that chart in another thread....

the other one??? posting "pink paper" icons for pedigrees with nothing in them and on dogs with their kennel name.....so I have to wonder what is true and what is not....dogs born in the US do not have real pink papers...and a dog cited as OFA Excellent yet stated 'too young' for titles....????

Lee

·
Premium Member
11,336 Posts
Old thread....I believe the original poster got a puppy from Traumwolfen in Nebraska....

Lee

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Please remember that all negative comments must be made in private.

Thank you,

ADMIN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts