German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was both my grandfather and cousin's birthdays on the 4th so my parents, sister, her boyfriend, Mia and I drove up to Minnesota from Texas. One car. Non-stop. Then back. :eek:

I've made this trip many times before, but this was the first time taking Mia on any trip longer than an hour round-trip - Now she was faced with two 18 hour car rides with just 2 days between each one. She has also never spent longer than 30 minutes with another dog, and we were bringing her up with us so she could meet her two new cousins. She was also going to be spending the majority of the time around 10-20 people. Long car ride, new dogs, lots of new people: She did amazing! :D

She very well exceeded my expectations. Very calm, stayed obedient, just all around wonderful.

She was pretty timid of the other dogs at the beginning but once we took them down to the lake and broke out some tennis balls, they were running around happy as could be.

Mia is now just shy of 10 months. Winter, the white lab, is 9 months. Nugget, the brown retriever, is just over a year.

It was an incredibly fun trip, despite the cramped 18 straight hour car rides. I'm a very very proud mommy. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Great photos! It sounds like a fun time :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great photos! It sounds like a fun time :)
She had a blast. :)
I feel so bad now that we're back. We don't have many dogs around here for her to play with. The tiny, mean chihuahua next door doesn't really do it for her.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Those photos are terrific! Happy dogs :) Good girl, Mia!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts