·
Registered
18,371 Posts
[/quote]
I love this response.
I'm ready to start a Chris Wild fan club
[/quote]

She already has one!!!

I have never read anything Chris says that I disagreed with.

As for the alpha roll that moribelle's circle of contacts uses - maybe they will see the light one day.

Link's mom keep doing it if it is working.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You should, it was posted twice in case we didn't get it the first time. Or perhaps she felt she left something out. Either way, I wish you only the best of luck, whatever method you choose. I try to tell people to use what ever is working for them, as every case is different, just like a mother training her child. Arguing about this is silly and non-productive and just plain confusing for someone trying to just solve their problem and getting too much input. just go with your instincts, and I'm sure you will be fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Trying to stop us from walking then ankle biti

As an administrator, I would expect less of an opinionated response from you, in the order of exercising and directing the real discussion in a constructive manner. It appears no one, from your point of view, has anything of value to input on this thread, unless they agree with you. While we may disagree, there is no need to pummel others input and opinions, I certainly haven't done that to yours. I've merely expressed my ideas, experiences and opinions. And you did that too, in the beginning.
If you expect others to receive your opinions and consider them, you must also be willing to consider and receive opinions and experiences from others. Otherwise, that pretty much invalidates your opinion and statements, and only appears argumentative in the attempt to be right.
An administrator mediates to direct a discussion in a positive manner, not to inflame the crowd, and not the negative one I've just experienced here. Disappointing.
I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts

Originally Posted By: moribelleThe dominance training method used is done so by professional trainers worldwide. The ALPHA roll , as you put it, is used in the circle I travel in. Which stretches to Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, as well as in the US.
who do you train with? Which trainers still advocate the alpha roll?

·
Super Moderator
6,476 Posts

Originally Posted By: moribelle
do you really?
your exits seem a bit condescending.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts

<span style="color: #3333FF">moribelle</span>, no one is attacking you they are expressing opinion. Chris Wild is allowed as a member of this board to express her opinion, just like any other Admin, Mod or member.

If people don't agree with you that is life. If you want to advocate Alpha Roll you have the right to do so, just as people who use different methods have a right to post their training philosphy to rebut the Alpha Roll and some of the older harsher training methods.

Let's keep this to training and stop the personal swipes at one another.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Wisc.Tiger - Admin</span>

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts

Originally Posted By: moribelleAs an administrator, I would expect less of an opinionated response from you, in the order of exercising and directing the real discussion in a constructive manner. It appears no one, from your point of view, has anything of value to input on this thread, unless they agree with you. While we may disagree, there is no need to pummel others input and opinions, I certainly haven't done that to yours. I've merely expressed my ideas, experiences and opinions. And you did that too, in the beginning.
If you expect others to receive your opinions and consider them, you must also be willing to consider and receive opinions and experiences from others. Otherwise, that pretty much invalidates your opinion and statements, and only appears argumentative in the attempt to be right.
An administrator mediates to direct a discussion in a positive manner, not to inflame the crowd, and not the negative one I've just experienced here. Disappointing.
So, because I'm an Admin I'm not allowed to express my opinion? Or am I allowed to express it only when it agrees with others? Or can I disagree, but only as long as I don't do it as strongly as others express their opinions and I make sure my opinions are toned down and weak compared to everyone else?

I think perhaps being new to the board, you are unfamiliar with the roles Moderators and Administrators have here, and the fact that their duties as such have no impact on their freedom to express opinions on anything they would like, same as any other member of the board.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts

In my opinion I think it is part of an Administrators duties to step in when potentially dangerous advice is being given.

Attempt to roll the wrong dog and not have the "skills" to back it up and be prepared to lose a body part or two.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts

Originally Posted By: Betty101In my opinion I think it is part of an Administrators duties to step in when potentially dangerous advice is being given.
I agree.
Chris, your explanation of the leadership situation could be re-written substituting the word "horse" for "dog". It is exactly the same. What I learned with horses is that they also do not want to be in charge but will step up if they feel you are not up to the task. When you are a firm consistant leader in their eyes they relax and are much happier. The key is to learn enough about how they behave and learn to be that leader for them. It doesn't really matter what you think being a leader means, what matters is what being a leader means to the one who must decide if you're worthy enough to follow or not. I am learning to be a leader with my dog just like I had to learn it with my horses, but using a different set of strategies because dogs and horses are not the same.
I also noticed that when Lucy is very excited to see us she will grab any toy nearby- I saw someone else post that their dog did that. It really seems to help redirect her from the behaviors like jumping on us and nipping. It started after I read about it on this board and tried offering her a toy when we let her out of her crate in the morning- it really helped and she liked it so much she does it herself now. It's so cute

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts

Redirection is a WONDERFUL tool to help survive puppy hood in a SAFE and postive way.

On the "subtopic" I have never understood why many people seem to think that Mods and Admins do not have the same right to express their opinions and advice. I personally value the advice of the Mods and Admin on this board they are very knowledgable and based on MY experience have a tendency to offer very sound advice.

BTW I would post the same thing without the "Mod" title.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts