German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sire - Austrian's Gangster (Jumbo vom Roemersteig x Wendy von Favoriten)
Dam - Nindra vom Alpenhof (Xbox Dei Precision x Uschi vom Alpenhof)

Is anyone familiar with these bloodlines? I am having a hard time finding anything on Jumbo, I know he was bred by my breeder's family, he was a male of their breeding program that spanned over 30 years in Austria. Gangster is now over 10 years old and the last of the bloodlines of their family's original "pack" to come from overseas. The pup we just bought from them is the first litter they have been able to produce since moving to Canada over 3 years ago and selectively buying several females to breed to him. Long story short, I am really trying to educate myself to these bloodlines and would love some help.

I know they are not Czech lines, and I suspect probably not show lines, so that leaves only DDR, but I have no idea how or why. Explanations from the actual dogs in the pedigrees, please?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Everything there screams German showlines to me .. were did you see any DDR? I may have missed in skimming the pedigrees/pictues.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Alpenhof breeds German show lines. They are on my short list for my next GSD,

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I know that the schutzhund titles in my dog's pedigree initially confused me as I didn't know that they are mandatory for breeding in Germany,

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As my breeder is german, although we spend a fair bit of time together, her accent and the fact that English is her second language makes it hard for us to always communicate effectively. Also she has sometimes referred to other kennels as breeders of show lines and her family always trained their dogs in schutzhund and ran schutzhund training schools for the public and have never done obedience or conformation trials. So that's why my lines may be a bit crossed. If I remember correctly, both my puppy's grand sires are schutzhund dogs and the sire's lineage is mostly working dogs. The dam's mother is a show dog and you can really tell that in Nindra. Her trot is incredible and conformationally she is stunning. Also quick as a whip and kind.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on Wendy vom Favoriten?

The breeder did tell me that my pup has an "uncle" who was sold for 300,000 to Washington, D.C. As a show dog. I suspect that was an Xbox dog..?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Pedigree is all West German showlines - Uschi has the sable VA male Timo in her pedigree, but this is all WGSL.

The breeder did tell me that my pup has an "uncle" who was sold for 300,000 to Washington, D.C. As a show dog. I suspect that was an Xbox dog..?
Show dogs - especially nice males - are sold for that amount and more. Nothing really out of place... You notice you only find info on Jumbo on a Chinese website - most likely because he was sold to China for big bucks after a few breedings. Xbox lives in Canada - he is not for sale...

http://www.dogsports-germanshepherds.com/our_males.11.html#Our Dogs Dam and Sire - they are both WGSL

Doesn't look like Dam or Sire are titled or exhibited in any venues (don't see anything listed on the site).
Also she has sometimes referred to other kennels as breeders of show lines and her family always trained their dogs in schutzhund and ran schutzhund training schools for the public and have never done obedience or conformation trials. So that's why my lines may be a bit crossed. If I remember correctly, both my puppy's grand sires are schutzhund dogs and the sire's lineage is mostly working dogs. The dam's mother is a show dog and you can really tell that in Nindra.
These dogs are showlines and the lineage is all showline - why would they not do conformation if they breed showlines? SL excel in the show venue...strange for a SL breeder to say they don't show. Also, both SL and WL need a show rating for koer in Germany so both lines can show as well.

Lineage is all show dogs - there are no working lines in this pedigree. Just because a dog has schh titles does not mean it is a working dog - the lineage/bloodlines separate the two. A show dog can be schh dog and a working dog can be a schh dog, but a show line is still a show line even if they never show in one show.

Pedigree has some big names a few generations back: Mark Haus Beck, Uran, Quando, Timo, Rikkor, Kirschental HGH dogs etc. How are the breeding dogs in their chosen venues? What can your breeder say about these lines?

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Pedigree is all West German showlines - Uschi has the sable VA male Timo in her pedigree, but this is all WGSL.

Show dogs - especially nice males - are sold for that amount and more. Nothing really out of place... You notice you only find info on Jumbo on a Chinese website - most likely because he was sold to China for big bucks after a few breedings. Xbox lives in Canada - he is not for sale...

European German Shepherd Dam and Sire - they are both WGSL

Doesn't look like Dam or Sire are titled or exhibited in any venues (don't see anything listed on the site).
These dogs are showlines and the lineage is all showline - why would they not do conformation if they breed showlines?
Just because a dog has schh titles does not mean it is a working dog - the lineage/bloodlines separate the two. A show dog can be schh dog and a working dog can be a schh dog, but a show line is still a show line even if they never show in one show.

Pedigree has some big names a few generations back: Mark Haus Beck, Uran, Quando, Timo, Rikkor, Kirschental HGH dogs etc. How are the breeding dogs in their chosen venues? What can your breeder say about these lines?
I always love reading your super informative answers, because many of them make me read twice, LOL.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
By the way - I have seen Xbox train, compete, and work. He is an absolutely correct medium size dog with good temperament and is an excellent producer. Super expression, good pigment, excellent mover, was in super condition when he showed thanks to a good conditioning regimen - his progeny group is outstanding. I have a Xbox granddaughter and she is a clear headed dog with strong ability - not over the top drive (but I don't expect that from my showlines), BUT does the job asked of her in a methodical and determined manner. Her tracking is phenomenal and I enjoy working with her.

If Austrian Gangster is their breeding, ask them as to why they used Jumbo and Wendy. He's an older dog as well so ask why they use him - what venues he excels in etc. Xbox and Uschi are CKC (Canadian) reg dogs - good info on them via their respective websites. Nindra goes back to the Kirschental dogs, but seems a couple generations removed from titled/koered on dam's side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts