German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
You can't get much more apolitical than that!

Of course the term "old fashioned German Shepherds" may bring up some debate LOL!

·
Registered
27,239 Posts
You can't get much more apolitical than that!

Of course the term "old fashioned German Shepherds" may bring up some debate LOL!
the buzzword big and straight back weren't included, so it's all good? I hope this accolade doesn't backfire and our beloved breed is now a target by the opposers of the speaker.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
the buzzword big and straight back weren't included, so it's all good? I hope this accolade doesn't backfire and our beloved breed is now a target by the opposers of the speaker.[/QUOTE

Irrespective of the speaker, not much to target there! It's all good, and, as I said, about as apolitical as one can get! Pretty sure GSDs won't suffer regardless of your personal political leanings!

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
You can’t compare new technology- it must be those robot dogs with the robot noses- to old fashion dogs - german shepherd dogs in detection work nothing beats the old fashion way- it’s the one thing I can agree with. It was a nice shout out can’t see how it would not be. I wonder how those robot noses work. More people may get into nose works.

I have heard about this for quite some time - a dog’s nose will never become obsolete
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6410087/amp/A-robot-nose-built-make-sniffer-dogs-obsolete.html

·
Registered
547 Posts
You can’t compare new technology- it must be those robot dogs with the robot noses- to old fashion dogs - german shepherd dogs in detection work nothing beats the old fashion way- it’s the one thing I can agree with. It was a nice shout out can’t see how it would not be. I wonder how those robot noses work. More people may get into nose works.

I have heard about this for quite some time - a dog’s nose will never become obsolete
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6410087/amp/A-robot-nose-built-make-sniffer-dogs-obsolete.html
Plus, real dogs are more fun to work with. I mean, who can resist a happy doggy face once they find the contraband?

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I hope this accolade doesn't backfire and our beloved breed is now a target by the opposers of the speaker.

Unlikely...Joe and Jill Biden have been breed owners for a long time. The Bidens' GSDs have even made public appearances.

Recently, they fostered (and foster failed) through their local humane association:

This is their older dog, Champ, whom I believe they purchased as a pup from a breeder -- Champ had a lot to say during a 60 Minutes segment:
https://www.facebook.com/CBSThisMorning/videos/945625965491076/

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well, based on how well black and tan shepherd owners I have met know what a GSD is - "What is he? Oh, they come in all black? Are you sure?" I don't have any expectations from folks who don't own dogs at all. I have had an HVAC worker tell me how pretty our Saint Bernard is..

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
So, admin stepping in. This topic is just bound(obviously by the responses) to turn political. I’m closing it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.