German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently ordered a case thru Amazon as Jager likes a spoonful with his food every now and then. This morning upon putting some in his bowl I found several rubber tube like pieces. They were greenish-blue in color and almost the size of elbow macaroni! I have since emailed the company and emailed Amazon as well. Are there any other places that I should notify?

·
Registered
31,378 Posts
Wow! What kind of trippett was it?

I think just the company. If you get no satisfaction, then look into who else may need to be notified.

·
Banned
4,417 Posts
Recently ordered a case thru Amazon as Jager likes a spoonful with his food every now and then. This morning upon putting some in his bowl I found several rubber tube like pieces. They were greenish-blue in color and almost the size of elbow macaroni! I have since emailed the company and emailed Amazon as well. Are there any other places that I should notify?
How to Report a Pet Food Complaint

I don't know if this is for individuals or not, I didn't read thru but you might want to check it out.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
That could just be some stomach parts that got through the processing. Is it actual rubber? Can you squish it? Actual raw tripe can have some funny looking pieces of gut:
http://www.greentripe.com/groundtripe.jpg
find out what it is first.

post a picture .

greenish blue could be discolouration from the active enzymes - may be undigested clobs of grassy material which the animal ate .

it is green unwashed tripe.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I did the Web form for FDA and sent them pics. The company is out of Canada so don't know if they can help. It is definitely rubber! I'll try to upload a pic. Amazon gave me an immediate refund but still haven't heard from Pet Kindle the manufacturer of Triplett.

Attachments

·
Registered
27,243 Posts
cattle must have eaten something in the field. Tripe is the stomach ruminants after all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts