German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to start a thread to toss around ideas of things to do in the house due to being SO HOT outside. Today has some cloud cover, so not nearly as hot as yesterday. It was 104!! Today is high 90s. I don't know how any of yall's dogs out east in the humidity handle it!!!

Here's some things we've been doing today.

I got a few of these from chewy.com when she was like 12 weeks. It's been a while since Mei's played with them. I just put some of her kibble in it and a couple zekos minis in there. She's so smart!!!

We already have a puppy pool. I poured a bag of ice in it and she had fun chompin on that. It melted so fast, she wanted to come back in after like 5 minutes! You'd think her raised cot bed with airflow underneath would be cooler than the ground! She loves to lay on the vents!

What are some inside game and/or mind stimulation games do you all play inside when it is too hot??

Attachments

·
Registered
31,776 Posts
Keep it THERE. We just got rid of it.

How do we handle it? Train early, walk late. Play in creek's in the shade. Netflix binge with a lamb horn.

Love that all her toys are on the bed and she's on the floor. LOL

Reactions: Mei

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
All of the above lol!!! The heat finally broke was rough. I make sure there is shade and baby pool filled with water if they are wanting to spend time in the back yard when it is super hot. Enjoying different scent games around the house- finding food, keys ,toys- noseworks can be done indoors, new tricks and a game of tug with you helps chase boredom away and can be played indoors in the relentless heat. My son made a video of Max and Luna picking up my slack and playing a game of tug in the crazy weather keeping them all busy! max and Luna both won lol! -
https://instagram.com/p/Bk-GSAYF7lD/

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Train in the morn pool in the afternoon nice walk in the eve. Basement cooler so we do some OB down there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts