German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering can i feed my dog raw without using tripe or can i use something else in its place that's more easy to find at the store? the diet plan (ground Beef or Turkey, Liver, heart, gizzard, all parts of chicken with bone, added leafy greens with a shot of apple cider vinegar once or twice a week along with fish oil) if i need to add or take anything away please let me know i'm new the whole raw diet ... my pup is 10 weeks and 14 pounds and wanna make the switch because he just doesn't like kibble an i dropped a piece of raw boneless chicken on the floor and he killed it lol so ya he's trying to tell me something

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm no expert but I didn't feed tripe for the first few months we started raw because I couldn't find it. Now the only reason I feed it is because its the only way my boy will eat rabbit and rabbit is cheap over here.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
You don't have to feed tripe, it is a good addition, but you can get a full, complete diet for your dog without it.

For variety, you can add small entire frozen fish, like smelts. Pork liver and spleen. You can give raw pork and raw fish too, if you freeze it for at least two week to kill parasites. I also add canned sardines, and feed the fish frozen - neither of my dogs seem to like the raw fish thawed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You can have a balanced RAW diet without tripe. Tripe has wonderful benefits that's why people recommend it so much. Look in your area for a co-op that you could join and order your food in bulk it helps get variety and cuts the cost way down. I feed a total of 320 lbs of dog and for thru about 250lbs of food for the cost of around $150 a month. You have a good start..just start looking for different proteins.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts