German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
25,396 Posts
If you can only get canned, then it is better than nothing. But the processing depletes many nutritional benefits. I know there is a dehydrated tripe available. I haven't researched the changes dehydration makes, but I'd rather give that than canned.
You can get frozen tripe from aplaceforpaws.com...is the cost what holds you back?

· Registered
25,396 Posts
Taylor pond farms is no longer in business.
So who do you suggest to get raw green tripe from Agile GSD?
I recently purchased 50#of tripe from Hare today, and liked the quality from Taylor pond much more. I've also gotten tripe from Aplaceforpaws, and it was fine.

· Registered
25,396 Posts
The Hare today was coarse ground, which is what I wanted. It just didn't seem as rich(more of the stomach than the contents of it) and of course it isn't consistant. One tube is brown another is green. I've been feeding tripe for over 3 yrs so I know the consistancy changes w/ what the cattle eat.
I guess I just got a really good batch from TPF and nothing has compared since! I got 60# at that time, so it lasted for several months. It was also local to me so I didn't pay for the shipping.
I always have gotten grassfed.

· Registered
25,396 Posts
We looked into that, and the price was pretty high, so the girl I went in on it with went to Hare today instead(they had a deal going on too). My Pet Carnivores does have a nice distribution set up! I may try them next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.