German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ive been planning this pregnancy for a year & the time has arrived!
My vet ultra sounded Trinity in October & told us they saw 4 pups. So that's how many I sold. Thanksgiving morning at 5am she went into labor, had 4, then 4 more, then 3 more!! Yea to say we were shocked is an understatement!!! They are all beautiful amazing babies. 5 girls & 6 boys all healthy & huge except the runt. They weighed 1.4 pounds to 1.16 pounds except "Tiny Tim" he only weighed .82 ounce. He has gained & is almost 9 ounces now even though the rest are close to 2lbs!

*** Removed by ADMIN ***

This is my first litter, & possibly my only one as this was much harder on me & my husband then the dog. We felt horrible watching her go thru this, so I don't think I am meant for this. Although the puppies have stolen my heart & there is nothing better then puppy breath!!

I am rotating the pups to give Tiny Tim a chance to live. I have him with 3 other smaller ones. I rotate them every 1 1/2 with mom 24hrs a day & night. I'm exhausted but till he can fight the others, I'm not giving up on him. I have a heated basket I rotate them to. It seems to be working out, its day 4 & everyone is still gaining weight. They are so beautiful!!!!

*** Removed by ADMIN ***

Its going to be mass chaos in my home in a couple weeks. We built the whelping box in my bedroom, we thought there was only going to be 4. This is going to be interesting to say the least!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,675 Posts
wow, your mom looks exhausted. What a family! I hope you have no trouble finding good folks to snap up the other pups.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
That is so nice! Ahh, puppy breath, don't you just want to bottle it!! As for Tiny Tim, my boy too was the runt, the breeder gave him extra bottles at night.. At 4-1/2 months he was 55 lbs... Enjoy!!

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Just a reminder to everyone that as per board rules (that you all have read when you joined up, right?), there is no advertising or selling, or soliciting or buying of puppies on the board. I have edited a few posts to remove comments in that vein.

Feel free to discuss the breeding/whelping/puppy raising experience, and puppy pics are a must!!!

ADMIN

·
Registered
852 Posts
Wow! What beautiful babies! And both of the parents are absolutely gorgeous :D I really love black and reds.
11 pups jeesh you've got your hands full! Full of cuteness that is :)

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
OMG, you must have been in shock. How could the vet have missed 7 pups!
I raised a litter once for the shelter. She had 10. I weighed each pup every morning and the ones who hadn't gained enough weight I let them nurse first (kept a log) and rotated the two groups like that the entire day (didn't use formula) until the vet gave me the OK to start feeding solids at 3 weeks. Puppy canned food, mixed with puppy formula; 1 tbsp three times a day for each individual pup. I was exhausted and the mess was horrendous but it was so incredible sweet. They all made it without any runt.
Enjoy them while they are home with you. Like our own kids, they are grown before you know it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone!! Not sure why the admin removed parts out if my
Message. Pretty sure I had information like who the parents are, their pedigree & Darkwing Von Twinks Trinity Face book page. That's not pimping my puppies, that's educating people on my dog.
You also deleted my information that both parents have hips & elbows rated thru SV in Germany plus are DNA tested for DM & don't have that gene. Again not sure why announcing that I'm trying to be a responsible person by health testing the parents before I bred was a bad thing?
Last time I posted on here I got ripped to shreds about being a backyard breeder. & how my dog wasn't worthy of breeding. Thought I would nip it in the bud by showing the health tests & titles both parents have achieved? Sorry if I broke some rule by informing everyone that I researched this breeding long before I did it. I don't confine casual breeding, but breeding to better the GSD is my goal.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
All that information can be provided through PM and not on the thread. It's board rules to keep folks from pimping their puppies through this forum.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Basically even mentioning that there is a litter, (be it a foster, BYB, fancy lines litter), etc can be perceived as advertizing between the lines. How are the mods making decions on these?

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
You can start threads about your dogs with info. You can add links to your signature with the pedigree of your dogs.
You can post in the hips section bragging about the OFA results of your pair.

Putting ALL of it in one post about the litter you just whelped can be advertising. It is a fine line between showing off pics and talking about the work involved, and putting your dogs out there for public view.

Please be very careful about how you go about this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I weighed my pups today & was proud to see my runt, Tiny Tim (TnT) went from 8 oz to 11 oz!! Compared to the almost 2lb siblings he is still tiny!!! Hope once they start eating I can get him to catch up. He is the reason I split my litter into two groups. So far he is a teeny tiny fighter!!

Attachments

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
Great job with the little one!

I also understand giving all the info so as to quell all the people who will ask the questions just so they can jump all over you for breeding.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Great job with the little one!

I also understand giving all the info so as to quell all the people who will ask the questions just so they can jump all over you for breeding.
That's not quite how it works Selzer....you know better. It's the irresponsible planned byb of poor quality unproven parents who brag a CGC title makes them breedworthy.

Members posting daily of their problem dogs from such breeders or rescues filled to the brims with abandoned pups, most from byb. I see no problem with helping someone see the light when they come here looking to breed their dog just because they are perfect to them or happen to have a Rally or CGC certificate.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Basically even mentioning that there is a litter, (be it a foster, BYB, fancy lines litter), etc can be perceived as advertizing between the lines. How are the mods making decions on these?
We have byb members here who speak of their puppies regularly.
I don't understand why someone can't brag about the titles on their dogs......hoping someone can clear it up.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I read the original post and never thought that it was an advertisement:confused: I thought it was someone explaining a surprise. I'm even pretty sure that down the line someone would have asked about everything that was posted anyway(parents, health testing,etc)....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All my pups have more then doubled in size now!! My runt is over a pound & his siblings are 2 1/2 - 3 pound!! I've been calling him Squirrel cuz he is such a flighty tiny guy!
For those of you that have contracts, have you ever had to use them in court? Just curios if a contract will actually hold up in court. All my pups will only have limited registration till they prove the pups worthy of breeding. Plus I offered a spay/neuter discount that some have signed. Just wondering if I could do anything if they didn't fix the dog?? Does that make sense?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts