German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Awesome pictures and GREAT JOB!
Heidi is a super nice dog and I'm glad you actually got her.

Look at you showing your face :p

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Great photos! I especially love the last one, I don't know who looks prouder Heidi or both of you :D lol

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone!

Cliff- I really like Jack. He has so much passion for this sport. He judged a little harder than I expected in lower titles but was fair. I really liked it. If you passed, you earned it. Only one dog all day scored in the 90's for obedience and only two dogs scored in the 90's for protection. Coming from another sport, it was nice to not just see 90's thrown out to everyone.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
I got a 94 from Jack in obedience for P-1, and his pencil was sharp that day....lol but as you said, he is incredibly fair!

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Awesome pics!

Yeah I always liked that Jack guy. When SDA was affiliated with the UKC he ran demos and trials ALL day at the UKC Premier for several days in a row (which, if you've ever been, somehow always ends up being insanely hot and humid even though June in Michigan is usually not). Whether people were watching or not, they were working dogs!!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really want to see SDA take off. I love this sport! Both as a handler and as a decoy this sport is so much fun and versatile. My GF got the trial bug so we are trialing again June 8th and then she's doing their IPO 1 June 28th. For the June 8th trial I even entered our pet pitbull haha. I want to trial something and my 15 week old puppy just isn't ready yet haha. I just want the experience and I know he can pass an FO so why not.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Awesome! Congrats to both of them!

Beautiful dog btw! :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
No problem! You should come out one of these days. Cindy was asking how I had found them yesterday and I had said from you. Then of course we were talking about you:D
Don't believe a word of it. :D Actually I used to spend quite a bit of time out there training, until my whole life turned upside down about ten years ago. I may come out again if I get another pup or dog, just not sure if I want to do bitework.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts