German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Puppy rolled around in the grass on the front lawn... We have pine trees in the front. So... any advice on getting this tree sap off my puppy's fur ? there are some on his leg, a clump on his hip, clump on shoulder blade. Yep no fun.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL how do I keep him still from trying to eat me alive!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
yep, was going to say 'peanut butter' too.

You learn that when kids get things in their hair... like bubble gum.

Of course, you might have a greasy puppy!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have used Fast Orange or similar with good results. I put a small dab on and let it sit a minute. then rub and rinse.

As I side note I got through a lot of treats keeping her from licking the soap.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I have used Fast Orange or similar with good results. I put a small dab on and let it sit a minute. then rub and rinse.

As I side note I got through a lot of treats keeping her from licking the soap.
You are not joking about the Fast Orange. We keep some in our laundry room, my husband uses it for various dirty projects around the house.

We put this epoxy down in our laundry room on Saturday, we are redoing the floor. I can't even begin to tell you how sticky this stuff is until it dries. Long story short we blocked the area off for it to dry. Rusty got through the barrier and ran right through the wet epoxy:eek:. My husband had to carry him to the bathtub so we could start working on getting this stuff out of his paws. Thank goodness he's very cooperative because he had to lay on his side and allow us to work that Fast Orange in his paws to pull that gunk out, then rinse his feet and start all over. The next day he had to do the same, there was dried clumps that had to be cut out. It was such a mess and my fault for not watching him closer.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a pine tree, also, and my dog shampoo works for me. We all seem to get sapped by the stupid thing. It's some kind of weeping pine.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the feedback!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts