German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide on which treat pouch to buy. Over the years I've had ones with the cinch tie or a zipper. And maybe even one with velcro. I've never been happy with any of them. I end up giving them away and buying another.

I want one I can wear around my waist and keep it against my back and be able to reach back and easily grab treats. I'm thinking a magnet closure. I looked at some with a hinge but there were complaints about the hinges breaking. I also think I want one that is wider than high so it's easier to get your hand in and out more quickly.

I searched the forum but the last posts on pouches were from 6 years ago or so. And a lot of the links are dead. Does anyone use one they absolutely love?

I've spend hours looking online. There are so many out there my head is spinning. Here's' a running list I have so far:

Ruffwear Treat Trader
Doggone Good Rapid Rewards
Doggone Good Trek & Train Bait Bag
Blue-9 Inspire Training Treat Pouch
Petsafe Treat Pouch (hinge)
Leeerburg Snap Open Bait Bag (hinge)

Thanks!

·
Administrator
10,628 Posts
i have these…
  • Ruffwear Treat Trader
  • Doggone Good Rapid Rewards
  • Petsafe Treat Pouch (hinge)
of the three, the only one i love is Doggone Good Rapid Rewards…
Do not like the Ruffwear one at all, although i stand by most of their products. My main complaint is that the in/out entry isn’t smooth. To be fair, i have rather large hands (for a woman).

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
<----cheap ... lazy .... but would probably do this. I haven't actually used a treat pouch ... I use the sophisticated and streamlined item that @WNGD posted and stick it in a jacket pocket. I've also used my money pouch in a pinch.
Luggage and bags Bag Sleeve Rectangle Beige

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Hi Rosebud99!

I like to wear the treat pouch around my waist and close to my back too. Of the brands you’ve listed I’ve only tried the Petsafe treat pouch and I’ve gone through about 4 of those (broken belt clip, poked a hole).

I’ve been using K9 Tactical Gear’s Training pouch since 2019 and it’s still going strong. The sturdy metal belt clip is still tight on my 1.5 inch heavy-duty webbing belt. No problems with the hinge either. It can hold what I typically carry on walks: a small first aid kit (tweezers, gauze, small bandage), cellphone, spare dominant dog collar, whistle, Boker subcom knife, toy of the day for obedience work mid walk (tug toy, ball on a rope, scent tin for nose work) and of course..treats lol.

Link: Training Bag

Old pictures:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I ordered this one and I love it:

PET N PET Dog Treat Training Pouch-3 Ways to Wear Dog Treat Pouch with Built-in Poop Bag Dispenser-(3 Rolls Poop Bags Included) https://a.co/d/f4LPRHK

I can fit tons of treats and just tighten the tie to close it when I need to. Lots of little pockets I use for their prong collars, and it goes right around my waist so it doesn't fall off.

I had a magnetic one too and loved it but it just clipped on and would always fall off, I ended up losing it somewhere

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have these…
  • Ruffwear Treat Trader
  • Doggone Good Rapid Rewards
  • Petsafe Treat Pouch (hinge)
of the three, the only one i love is Doggone Good Rapid Rewards…
Do not like the Ruffwear one at all, although i stand by most of their products. My main complaint is that the in/out entry isn’t smooth. To be fair, i have rather large hands (for a woman).
I was kind of leaning toward the Rapid Rewards one too. Like you, my hands are kind of large too. My fingers are short but hands are large. Any kind of gloves, including disposable gloves, I have to buy large.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any treat bag with magnets not a zipper is my favourite so look for one with quick release magnets the best ones are that also a pocket for doggie bags also a clip I use this one
Looked it up. Think it will be a bit small for my hands.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tried the Petsafe treat pouch and I’ve gone through about 4 of those (broken belt clip, poked a hole).

I’ve been using K9 Tactical Gear’s Training pouch since 2019 and it’s still going strong. The sturdy metal belt clip is still tight on my 1.5 inch heavy-duty webbing belt. No problems with the hinge either. It can hold what I typically carry on walks: a small first aid kit (tweezers, gauze, small bandage), cellphone, spare dominant dog collar, whistle, Boker subcom knife, toy of the day for obedience work mid walk (tug toy, ball on a rope, scent tin for nose work) and of course..treats lol.

Link: Training Bag
Wow! You fit a lot of stuff in there!

I checked it out and the 3.5" wide opening makes it a no go for me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts