German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27,250 Posts
their meal...utilize every meal as a training session!
I feed raw, so that is a bit of a challenge, I used natural balance rolls cut into pea size portion, bil-jac frozen, string cheese, cooked chicken cut small. I don't think I ever used the commercial treats. And when I was given some by other trainers, my dogs weren't into them...especially the crunchy ones.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I used the natural balance rolls for training. He gets it for breakfast too, but he loves it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I use Pet Botanics Mini training rewards. 200 treats for $2 from Petsmart. Several different flavors and sizes available. Another member on here suggested them and both my puppy and I love them.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i don't know what's best but i used the natural and organic
brands. i did a lot of training just before meal time so i was
his meals as a treat. small peices of meat, fish, fowl, certain
fruit can be used.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I either cook liver or use freeze dried buffalo. The buffalo works better for long sessions as it does not have to be refrigerated and is soft enough for the dog to eat quickly.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
where do you get freeze dried buffalo and what brand do you use?

I either cook liver or use freeze dried buffalo. The buffalo works better for long sessions as it does not have to be refrigerated and is soft enough for the dog to eat quickly.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
where do you get freeze dried buffalo and what brand do you use?
I use Bravo brand. It's 100% grass fed buffalo with no hormones. They sell it locally at the dog food store. They also have lobster and venison but the buffalo is the best because it's soft and easy for the dog to eat quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts