German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know GSD's are quite the long type of dog, and therefore need a properly lengthed treadmill.

So, with that said.. is there a certain length that the belt/tread area needs to be? My fiance' wants to get a treadmill for herself really bad, but I just want to be sure I'll be able to use it for my boxer and GSD properly. Kill two birds with one stone. My woman gets her excercise, and my dogs get theirs. It works out perfect! LOL.

Oh, and are there any brands that you guys would reccomend and prefer? I know that there are dog treadmills, but I don't want that.

Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Adrian

·
Registered
819 Posts
Ok, I dont mean to sound nasty but what is the purpose of a doggie treadmill? Why not take the dog for a walk/run yourself? :)

Relayer: loved the video...it does appear your pup loves it on the treadmill.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Ok, I dont mean to sound nasty but what is the purpose of a doggie treadmill? Why not take the dog for a walk/run yourself? :)

Relayer: loved the video...it does appear your pup loves it on the treadmill.
I'll tell you what the purpose is... in the Florida 100 degree 99% humidity mid-days, both he and I appreciate the exercise in the A/C!! He gets tons of time walking and playing with me outside in the very early morning and in the evening. :rolleyes: Thanks, he really does love it and lets me know when he wants to do it by jumping up on it and barking till I turn it on.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oh, yes, that makes sense. I understand about hot weather! I live in the desert. :cool: I have to take Miika out early in the morning and then again later in the evening, around dusk. Otherwise, we would both bake in the sun. She sure loves her walks though!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Oh, yes, that makes sense. I understand about hot weather! I live in the desert. :cool: I have to take Miika out early in the morning and then again later in the evening, around dusk. Otherwise, we would both bake in the sun. She sure loves her walks though!
He has soooo much energy that he badly needs daytime exercise and it's truly even too hot for him outside. We go out every a.m. at about 7 and twice in the p.m. once it cools a bit. The Tmill is really a godsend sometimes.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
When it rains for a couple days or like how it rained 25 out of the 30 days last June, a treadmill definitely comes in handy.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
When it rains for a couple days or like how it rained 25 out of the 30 days last June, a treadmill definitely comes in handy.
Hah.. good point, I forgot about that. We've been getting huge thunder showers here a few times a week this summer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts