German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a treadmill at Christmas so I can condition myself, as well as the dogs on it.
Sasha has started using it for her fun and mischief while I am running on it.

When I break into a fast pace, she begins to drop toys on the conveyor belt then waits for it to shoot out the back and runs for it. She does this over and over again, each day.
It's funny when I see her coming but when she drops a tire toy on it for me to hurdle over sometimes I worry I will trip.

I know I should start correcting this behavior, but she is having fun and it seems pretty genius for a dog. Right?

(I need to get a video)

Should I make correction? or enjoy the disruption until I make a video? LOL

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
wait she does this while you're running on it?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah while I am on it. I am not sure if I can get her to do it when I am not on it. I know I need to stop it for safety reasons, but I was fascinated that she figured that out right away. I am the only human that uses the treadmill. I might get a puppy fence to block her from it after a video.
( I am camera shy)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Since it's such a funny behavior, I'd try to put it on cue. See if you can teach her to do it on cue when you're not on the treadmill. If you put it on cue you may be able to get her to stop doing it without you giving the cue, so she won't do it when you're running and put you in danger.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, that might help. She whines in the crate if I lock her up but if all else fails I'll do that.

hopefully I'll add the video this week!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts