German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've hurt my foot (plantar fascitis) and am on anti-inflamitories, which is working great. I'm trying to limit walking for the next week to make sure it heals and cannot walk Dakota.

Decided to put her on the treadmill. I have no idea for how long and how fast. I've heard somewhere that dogs like to walk at around 3.2 -3.5 miles per hour and I'm not sure if that is true or not. Tried it tonight. and slowly increased the speed to 3.2 miles/hour. She did fine. Slowed it down and called it a night after about 10 mins, wanting to end with a positive experience. She jumped back on. LOL.

She is 8 months old. Any expereinces with treadmills? Since I walk her for about 40 min. at a slower rate I was thinking 1/2 hour at 3.2 miles/hour, including warm up and cool down. Comments?

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I was hoping to hear about actual experiences but this will give me some good information. I'm hoping not to do this for long as nothing beats a good walk for both owner and dog.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I personally haven't done this...but if she's jumping back on you're surely doing something right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts