German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going on vacation in a couple of weeks to SW Arkansas...Is anyone on this forum from that area? I was wondering how the ticks are there...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
If its anything like southern OK there pretty bad. I recomend advantix before going there. It really helps cut down on the lil :censored:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two of my dogs are on Frontline plus and one is on adams flea and tick(ran out of frontline)....I wonder if that is strong enough?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in South Central Arkansas, meaning Pine Bluff. The ticks around here are very bad. I took a hike recently and pulled four ticks on me alone by the end of the hike. I have only found two on my GSD, and that is without frontline or any tick treatment (there is flea control in his heart worm preventative). I would definately recommend a treatment of some form to control them.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I'll second that! ticks are horrible this year in North Central Ar. what you really have to watch for around here are the seed ticks (just hatched babies). If you or your dog stumble across the wrong spot, you'll be covered in dozens in a few seconds. Since the little buggers are smaller than this "." it can be pretty hard to get them off a person, I think finding them on a GSD would be next to impossible!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts